Sign in to follow this  
Robi77

PMDG-747-400 Take off

I read the following procedure for a take off:1) Autothrottle engaged2) Advance throttle until N1 is at 70 % ( I use a Saitek Yoke ) N1 of 70 % is reached when my Saitek throttle is apr 2/3 advanced.3) Then engage To/Ga I was under the impression that once I press the To/Ga button full power wouldbe developed for the take off.However this is not the case,the aircraft moves very slowly and hardly accelerates.I don't even get 110 knots before running over the end of the runway.Is anything wrong with my set up ? Or do I have to advance the throttle to themaximum but then what is the use of the To/Ga function ?Tks for your help.

Guest firehawk44
I read the following procedure for a take off:1) Autothrottle engaged2) Advance throttle until N1 is at 70 % ( I use a Saitek Yoke ) N1 of 70 % is reached when my Saitek throttle is apr 2/3 advanced.3) Then engage To/Ga I was under the impression that once I press the To/Ga button full power wouldbe developed for the take off.However this is not the case,the aircraft moves very slowly and hardly accelerates.I don't even get 110 knots before running over the end of the runway.Is anything wrong with my set up ? Or do I have to advance the throttle to themaximum but then what is the use of the To/Ga function ?Tks for your help.
Did you properly set up the FMC? Need to do that to tell your aircraft the weight, etc.Jim

The throttle functions are often linked to the aircraft 'knowing' all the parameters of the aircraft's current state, i.e air temperature, barometric pressure, runway slope, runway height above sea level, fuel on board, cargo weight, passengers weight and distribution, centre of gravity, what the co-pilot had for breakfast (not really, made that last one up), but it might not function properly if the CDU doesn't have all that info put into it. Also worth noting that FS often fires up your flight with full fuel in the tanks, which can put you over the MTOW and consequently into a ditch at the other side of the airfield. If you are taking off from somewhere like Mexico City or anywhere else fairly hot and high above sea level, you might have to really drop a lot of fuel to get into the air.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest 413X3

also try to recalibrate your joystick and throttles, maybe it is jumping around and causing the pmdg to disconnect?

I used to experience this with certain planes although I cant remember specifically which ones other than the LDS767. What I've done for years now without complications is after you engage the A/T, just firewall the throttles and leave them there until such time as you want to manually take control again during approach. It will continue to advance to your programmed perf setting and not exceed it. I believe some aircraft are are more sensitive than others when it comes to detecting throttle inputs and a slight spike from your controller and then detecting something other than full deflection will not allow the FMC to effectively maintain the throttle settings. Hope this helps.

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it