Sign in to follow this  
Guest abz

Milky Way - how can I delete it?

Guest abz

In my post about poor night time skies, the milky way came up as one of the images I was seeing in the night skyline.Personally I do not care for the way it obscures part of the sky. I did a search on this and some time ago there was a single post about how to eliminate it.But the link is no longer active.Does anyone know how I can get rid of it? It must be somewhere in the textures, etc.Would love to delete (or at least modify it) this file if I could find it.Thanks, Al

Sorry, can't help you on that, and I have my reasons. DO NOT DELETE IT, OR ELSE OUR GALAXY WILL BE GONE! :(

The Stars.DAT file in the main FSX folder holds this information. It's just a plain text file that could be opened with Notepad. Finding the correct data to delete seems like the chore. There is also a stars generating program for FSX (check the Avsim library?) and you could grab it and see if it will let you remove the data. I used the program to add more stars to my night skies!

Guest 413X3

autostarX is the best free program out there! it has transformed my night sky with amazing amount of detailed stars, milky way, etc. also buy a graphics program like active sky advanced to make the night sky a higher resolution

Guest abz
The Stars.DAT file in the main FSX folder holds this information. It's just a plain text file that could be opened with Notepad. Finding the correct data to delete seems like the chore. There is also a stars generating program for FSX (check the Avsim library?) and you could grab it and see if it will let you remove the data. I used the program to add more stars to my night skies!
Thanks MeshMan
autostarX is the best free program out there! it has transformed my night sky with amazing amount of detailed stars, milky way, etc. also buy a graphics program like active sky advanced to make the night sky a higher resolution
Where does one find this program? I did a search and can not find anything?Al

It's here in the Avsim library. Search under author - Chris Wright. I've used it since it's release.Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight... :(

It's here in the Avsim library. Search under author - Chris Wright. I've used it since it's release.Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight... :(
Yea I just discovered that program a few weeks ago and it rocks.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Yea I just discovered that program a few weeks ago and it rocks.
hi,I must be stupid but the installation read me file says to save the stars. dat file located in the fsx directory. I can't find it, even when performing a search with the windows tool. I only get a star file which shows as a video file (not a .dat file). Is it this one or another one elsewhere? Thanks

Stars.dat is located in the root FSX folder. To open it right click and choose 'open with' wordpad.

Nathan