Sign in to follow this  
macroth

Still have some strange graphic issues with FSX MD-11

That doesn't worked for me. My textures disappeared right after takeoff as I changed the view. Only in DX10 Mode it is rock stable for me. I tried several things to stress the sim like heavy cloudas, big airports like Heathrow and CDG and Zurich without ANY problems, so I think I will have to live with this solution. When I do some VFR flying some sceneries will have problems with DX10, but it is only one click which is acceptable for me. I would like to test Tim's solution with SP2 and no Acceleration, but I really don't like to install my huge amount of addons again. Also I really like my acceleration Heli :( . (or is there any way to instal the acceleration planes without acceleration???)So I will have an eye on a possible solution from other people..Thank'sKai
In my case, uninstalling Acceleration left everything else intact, including all add-ons. All that happened was that FSX went back to RTM, which is why I then had to install SP1 then SP2.Tim

I have some strange issues when I run FSX (+acceleration) with my MD-11. I use Vista 64 with a Q6600 @ 3 Ghz, a 512MB Nvidia 8800GT card an 4GB RAM. When I fly about 20-30 min or longer and change to any FSX internal menu (map, button assignment and so on) and try to return to the sim, the screen turns black (sometimes some graphical fragments stay), but the sim is still running and I can normal callouts from the plane. Even when I try to change the sight it doesn't come back. When I save this flight (without any sight it's a bit tricky :-)) , end FSX and load it again it continoues without any errors.I made a clean install of FSX + Acceleration under a clean Windows 7, but the problem remains the same. I become desperate on this and I have no more ideas. I didn't have this problem with any other plane. Does someone have similar problems? I really LOVE the MD-11, but it's not very funny under this constellation. Maybe my graphic card is the problem, but I think it is a very spread model, or not?I'm thankfull for every hint... :(
This has happened to me a few times with FSX while using PMDG 747 or MD11. I'm running 32-bit XP SP3, with most recent nVidia drivers.Stong suspicion here is the video driver, but I've had no success in reproducing the issue at will. I usually reboot my machine now, prior to going on a flight, and have not had the black screen since (your milage may vary, of course).If you can reproduce this easily, I suggest that you file a bug with nVidia.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871