Sign in to follow this  
waly87

Airport visibility

Hi,Erm i'm kinda having an issue with an airport in fs2004. I created them from scratch as fs didn't have them installed, i installed ILS etc with afcad and also installed the ILS AND GPS approach with a software i found on avsim so atc could recognise these approaches. But when i go to make a flight plan, the airport is only listed by its ICAO code, the country, state, city etc arent included. I've tried everything i know so far and nothing has worked. Wheen im playing fs, atc recognises the airport, i can see the airport in the gps and on the map as well...but it just won't show on the airport selection page for flight planning or location changing...sooo confused, please help :(

Open up your AF2 file with Afcad.Click on file>properties and fill in the blanks.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Open up your AF2 file with Afcad.Click on file>properties and fill in the blanks.Joe
Oh, sorry...i forgot to add that i did that(prob the first thing i did when i was creating the airport). Thats why i can see the airport in the map and gps when i start fs9. Thank you for the suggestion though

Have you added parking spots and start locations?
Oui oui, i have added parking spots and start locations. The airport is fully operational, ai aircraft land and takeoff as scheduled n all but when i want to create a flight plan to/from the particular airport, it's is only listed by ICAO code. The country, city, state/province names for the airport are all empty. Spent the past few days trying to figure why it's behaving like that....still very puzzled

Guest Ocala 1

waly87.....Why not post the .bgl right here and let people look at it on their pooter.Harold

Good idea.Also, where have you placed the file? Finally, try deleting all scenery.dat files, allowing the sim to rebuild them. Maybe it's just one of those glitches.

Mike...

Good idea.Also, where have you placed the file? Finally, try deleting all scenery.dat files, allowing the sim to rebuild them. Maybe it's just one of those glitches.
Ohhhhh, hmm veryy good idea actually...I placed the files in a folder and placed into the addon scenery folder...hmm, where do i find the scenery.dat files please?Just tried attaching the folder in a .rar and .zip form and it says i'm not alllowed to upload that file type?...Also tried uploading the .bgl file and it said the same thing? :(

If it's just a few files, such as an Afcad, there's no need to make a separate folder. (If you do, remember to add it to the scenery library, through the FS interface. If you decide to get rid of the folder, make sure you remove it from the scenery library, through the FS interface.) Simply put the file(s) in Addon Scenery/scenery. Except for the approach file, place it in Scenery/Generic/scenery!After possible changes to the scenery library, make sure you at least restart the sim once. When FS is closed, go to the main FS folder, go to File Search and look for scenery.dat, including subfolders... Let the search find them all and then delete them all. Now start FS, it may take a while for all the files to rebuild, after which you can check the result.If that still doesn't fix it, we really need to take a look at the files in question. If you can't attach them, email them. You can find my address here.

Mike...

Guest belga1

Hello,

Just tried attaching the folder in a .rar and .zip form and it says i'm not alllowed to upload that file type?...
It's sooo many places where you can upload such files (public hosts) for free :)Just for name some:http://rapidshare.comhttp://mediafire.comhttp://megaupload.comAfter the upload .. you receive the download link to post on forums or for mailing :)Regards.bye.gif

Guest dogknot

To share the afcad, just rename to a text file and then it will upload to your post. Then the user can rename it back and open with AFCAD. You can usually do that with zips and such too on most forums... if you stay within size limits.example:AF2_MyAirport.bgl to AF2_MyAirport.bgl.txt

Guys, I already got an email. It turned out to be not the Afcad, but the approach file that was causing the issue. The approach file's "airport header" only included the ICAO code, not the rest of the info, like country, city, etc... Why FS looked at the approach file for that info and not the Afcad, I do not know. Maybe it has something to do with scenery layer priorities or the fact that the airport does not exist by default. In any case, I was able to fix it. I assume it will do so for the thread starter as well. I will let you know once he gets back to me or perhaps he will post here himself.:(

Mike...

Guys, I already got an email. It turned out to be not the Afcad, but the approach file that was causing the issue. The approach file's "airport header" only included the ICAO code, not the rest of the info, like country, city, etc... Why FS looked at the approach file for that info and not the Afcad, I do not know. Maybe it has something to do with scenery layer priorities or the fact that the airport does not exist by default. In any case, I was able to fix it. I assume it will do so for the thread starter as well. I will let you know once he gets back to me or perhaps he will post here himself. :(
*Jumping and dancing with joy*...It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hmm, can i pls ask what software you used to decompile the approach file, so i can fix it for the second airport i was having the issue with?Thank you once again Mike :(

The program is BglAnalyze9, you can find it here. Just put the executable somewhere, then drop any bgl onto it. The edited xml was compiled with bglcomp from the BGLComp SDK, which can be found here.And, you're most welcome!:(

Mike...