Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

FS9 Days are numbered

Developer do as the managment wants, and the managment only follows money thats it

FS9 days are NOT numbered! :( I do not belong to the camp of "FSX is a great platform but I just can't run it successfully on my system unfortunately" not being able to run FSX has nothing to do with it! B) My FS9 is my FSXI ! :(
My thoughts exactly! :(

Mike...

Guest Boeing Skunk Works
Great work Mr Boeing Skunk Works! :( I would like to make a cockpit one day......actually I have been looking for a VMax Yoke. Anyone know where I can find one?
Come and see us here: Mycockpit.org

Guest vtx

my guess is that if level d or any other group is not gonna make anything for fs9 then its my guess is that its there days that are numbered...not fs9..i will not run fsx...love fs9 and will stay with it...i expect folks who run fs9 will resort to free ware and learn to ( (if not already know how to))tweek out there planes to a more real feel on there own..

Eaglesoft DG has stated they will continue to develop for FS9 until further notice. :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

FS9's days have been numbered for the 2 1/2 years since it's successor was released, and yet it's still hanging around! With no FSXI on the horizon, I would hope that aircraft developers will be smart enough to continue to develop for both platforms, but even if they choose not to, there is enough content already released out there to keep FS9 types busy for a long time to come. I see that PMDG are stopping future development for FS9, citing poor sales of their MD-11 for that platform and a high incidence of piracy for that version. I never bought it because I didn't want to have to change my operating system to run an $80 add-on, period. So, as long as new airports continue to be released for the old sim, and the odd new aircraft now and again from the likes of Carenado, Digital Aviation and Leonardo, I see no reason to ever buy FSX. Eye candy has its limits.

John G.

Where did you read that pmdg's J41 is going to be FSX compatible only ?
On the PMDG forum. Ryan confirmed it.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Eaglesoft Development Group announced that we would continue building for both FS9 and FSX after the recent flap about Aces closing.We view both simulators as viable and suitable for flight simulation enthusiast for the long term regardless of whether MS ever builds another version.Those who complain that FS9 days are numbered may want to step back, take a deep breath, and actually support by purchase those who produce FS9 content. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm not sure why less new addons would kill off the use of FS9With less new toys to play with, we might be forced to just use the prog and learn to fly better.The next 'addon' I'm getting is a real world book on learning navigation.

FS9's days are definitely not numbered if we look at it from our, simmers', perspective.I believe there are still more FS9ers than FSXers. And even if I'm mathematically wrong, we still are a huge group, aren't we?The fact is many developers, including PMDG and Aerosoft among others, are leaning towards FSX. I've noticed that of course.OK I may sound harsh and please do not misunderstand me, but I don't care about it really.I've given FSX a try more than once and that is not going to be my sim. I've led my FS9 to such a state that it is my perfect virtual aviation environment.I like the idea of FSX's Earth curvature and higher resolution ground textures (I really do), but they won't make my simming.Building my MFS world from scratch and spending another thousand (or more) of euro for just the reasons mentioned above? Thank you. Maybe some next life.And also in my case that choice is not based on not being able to have harware good enough (which most FS9vsFSX discussions tend to falsely suggest).I wholehearteadly wish PMDG (and others) good luck with their choices. The side effect is they're just losing a customer here.They won't care, someone may say. Fine, neither will I. Gavin mentioned a lot of great stuff I'm enjoying as well. Plus much more. Enough for years.

Okay, let's not pull the plug from the respirator and start writing eulogies just yet. FS9 is FAR from dead, and as a matter of fact, FS9 is JUST reaching its prime!On my system, FS9 absolutely screams and I am getting fluid frame-rates even in the most demanding areas. After 6 years, FS9 is just being flown as it was supposed to be, with tons of AI traffic, every slider maxed, crisp graphics, and the ability to fly the most complex aircraft in VC with fluid gauge rates. So, I should leave all that, move to FSX, dumb down the sim, and spend my time on the FSX forum trying in vane to make FSX look like FS9? Not.FSX is still in its infancy and no hardware yet exists to allow it to achieve its full potential. AND since the newest airports for FS9 and FSX look exactly alike as do the latest high fidelity aircraft (I don't care about reflective cockpits), FSX has a long way to go before I will drop FS9 and start spending money on FSX. When FSX was released many vendors stated that they would no longer develop for FS9...they soon changed their tunes when they saw FSX add on sales plummet into the abyss and lo and behold, FS9 add ons started appearing again, or went out of business. The time for FSX only development will come, but that time is not now. Think about this: With the end of MSFS development and eventually the end of FSX on store shelves, those still using MSFS on a regular basis will dwindle (no new users coming into the community and casual users moving on to something else). And as those dwindle, the amount of people willing to purchase add ons for MSFS will dwindle (I'm surprised at how many still fly default aircraft into default airports after all this time and seldom purchase add ons). And if developers split the community further into FSX only products, they indeed dwindle a dwindling market even further since FSX users equal roughly half of the total MSFS user community. Bad move!If developers are smart and business savvy (like Eaglesoft) they will hedge their bests and make FS9 as well as FSX products. Why cut off half of your market and therefore cut your profits in half when you don't have to? Will LDS releasing an FSX only 757 make me switch to FSX? No. Will PMDG releasing an FSX only 737NG make me switch to FSX? No. I would be disappointed, but I already have two 757s (Captainsim and PSS) and a 737NG (PMDG) for FS9 and I seriously doubt that either will feature something so revolutionary that I would ditch FS9 right now. Take a lesson from Vista. Microsoft told us it was the greatest thing since sliced bread and pressured developers to make lots of products for it. Well, do you know of anyone who makes a 'Vista Only' product (if they did they are most certainly out of business)??? XP never went away and so many people hated Vista and stuck with XP that the only answer was Windows 7! That whole collapse of Vista fits the FSX situation like a glove. Aces told us how great FSX was, but half the community hated it and stuck with FS9. The bad news is that we don't get the equivalent of Windows 7 to save FS (FS11)...we are stuck with the FS equivalent of Vista (FSX) for the foreseeable future. Eventually, time will catch up to FSX and it will be the sim of choice for the whole community and developers can finally repair the damage ACES did to the community and to the market with FSX, and they can enjoy developing for a single sim. Eventually technology will have FSX screaming like FS9 does now and none of us will even be in this forum. However, that time is not now and anyone who thinks that they will maintain a profitable business developing for FSX only is in serious need of taking some business classes at their local community college. Now, granted, if you are LDS and release 1 product every 10 years, you are not in it for the money so this paradigm obviously does not apply. However, if you are PMDG an American Company based in Virginia, that once charged for its products in British Pounds Sterling, you are most certainly in it for the money and will feel the pain of moving to FSX only development (Almost $90 for an aircraft makes Ariane look pretty good!).Just my 2 cents.

Well said, Mike. PMDG lost any hope of making me a customer by shifting to the pound. Regardless of the product, I just didn't like the attude they displayed. I also agree that we just now are getting machines capable of running FS9 as it should. The market will take care of a lot of this nonsense about FS9 being phased out.

Guest belga1

Hello,As all here ... my days are numbered .. and I certainly will go (when bells ring) in my coffin with FS2004.As I never really needed a payware addon for enjoy FS2004 ... (it's enough freewares for fill any needs) I don't care what decisions taken by the paywares producers.Regards.bye.gif

Guest Se7en

I think everything days are numbered :)However as a FSX user who loves that sim I'm actually thinking of installing FS9 again for a bit of diversity, perhaps mostly for Airliner usage and leaving FSX for GA usage.I've made a post in this forum about recommended add-ons for Fs9, if some of you Guys could take a look and make some recommendations, then I'd be very grateful.I think there is a lot of life in FS9 yet, but understand why a lot of developers are now concentrating on FSX. It was sad to see Aces's close for the time being, but this action will probably extend the lifetime of FS9 and certainly it will for FSX.Cheers.

Numbered?I think my FS9 hangar is stocked with really nice addon aircraft and airports with environmental enhancements (AS, GE, UT, etc.)--should keep me busy and happy for many years to come. It was surprising to read that the MD-11 sales for FS9 was so low, considering all the postings and polls indicating otherwise. Too bad, really.1. "handful" bought FS9 MD-112. MD-11 sales = 75% FS10 + 25% FS93. MD-11 sales = 4 x "handful" :( Anyway, if PMDG choses to make the new 737NG for FS9, I'd buy it, if not, I can live without it, disappointing but no big deal. Between the Maddog MD80, F1 ATR72-500, Wilco CX, PMDG 744/MD11, LDS763, PSS772, F1 KAB200, and C9 F4, I have the coolest jets covered, and DF A36/Dakota, DA Do27, and RA SF260 give me some GA fun (am I missing a great addon not listed here?).I think going forward, I may pick up an aircraft or two and keep buying airports when funds become available (I should put my copy of FS10 on craig's list).Later,Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS