Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

FS9 Days are numbered

Well I must've just crawled out from under a rock I guess but just read on the PMDG forum that the J41 they are producing is for FSX only and this could possibly lead to the new NG also only being for FSX only :( Thats a bummer along with LevelD only making a 757 for FSX, Flight1 it seems has compeletly stopped making addons for FS9 it seems to me but I could be wrong; it looks as if our FS9 days of addons are dwindling down. I'm not really sad because for a while there I was buying more addons than I could enjoy now I suppose I have a chance to really get into each one in depth without looking over my shoulder to another one.I will continue to fly FS9 as in these days of economic strife there is no upgrade anytime soon; I'm one of the unlucky to have taken a paycut (which is better than a layoff). So as I said I've begun to fly some of the older addons I purchased years ago but never really got into and am really having fun now that I'm beginning to understand this is all I'll have. But I'm not upset as I'm not sure what other type of plane I would need; they've just about covered all I would want to fly.To all those addon developers- PMDG, LEVELD, FLIGHT1, REALITY XP and others I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU! for the wonderful addons you've supplied for FS9 over the years and I appreciate all the work you put into them and wish all of you muhch success with the FSX platform. FSX is a great platform but I just can't run it successfully on my system unfortunately. Maybe in a couple years I may be able to join you again and begin to purchase addons but for now my wife will be happy as the credit cards will finally get paid off. Plus I have a daughter about to start college so my addon money can now go to books and tuition.I'm not bitter but am just willing to accept I am now offically behind the times with technology upgrades and this is no fault of anybody, its just the way the paycheck bounces.I hope this hope does not offend anybody or cause a flame war as I am only expressing my sincere gratitude to developers for many years of enjoyment and I'm sure I'll have many more within the FS9 platform catching up on all those addons I bought and can now fully delve into.Sincerly,Sean Green

Sean Green

Hi SeanMy thoughts exactly. A few years ago I used to smoke but not anymore and of course thats a good thing for both my health and pocket. However I did feel that I was beeing pushed into a corner anyway. No more smoking on planes, no smoking in public places, (UK law), and although no one ever said "thalt shalt not smoke" it has been made more and more difficult to do so and this would seem to be the same with FS9. I feel I am being pushed oh so gently in the direction of FS10 until there really is no choice at all any longer. Like you Sean I will lament the passing of FS9, I have enjoyed it so much, (as I did the smokes!), however, I know that I will have to except that it will all probably be for the best and with there not being much chance of FS11, I think in the long term this will focus dev's AND users on FS10. More exspense of course but I think most will just grin and bear it and make the move over a period of time and continue to enjoy our great hobby.Best regards and good flying to all, which ever FS platform your on.Malcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

FS9 days are NOT numbered! :( I do not belong to the camp of "FSX is a great platform but I just can't run it successfully on my system unfortunately" not being able to run FSX has nothing to do with it! :( My FS9 is my FSXI ! :(

Hi EdI agree, my FS9 is my FSX too and you and I and others can carry on flying in FS9 until we pop our cloggs :( , no one is actually saying we cant, just like no one is told you cannot smoke. However, I do feel that we should all except progress and I do believe that Dev's like PMDG know what they are talking about. We are all being sqeezed by the Dev's in the direction of FSX albeit ever so gently. So one day when I have the funds, I will probably upgrade my pc as much as I can and embrace FSX and all the goodies that will come with it in terms of addons. A few years from now we will all be saying how great FSX is when the technology catches up and as I said, with no prospect of FS11, I am excited at the prospect of how good FSX might become but like you I will hang out with FS9 as long as I can.Happy flying to all :(Malcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Well I must've just crawled out from under a rock I guess but just read on the PMDG forum that the J41 they are producing is for FSX only and this could possibly lead to the new NG also only being for FSX only :( Thats a bummer along with LevelD only making a 757 for FSX, Flight1 it seems has compeletly stopped making addons for FS9 it seems to me but I could be wrong; it looks as if our FS9 days of addons are dwindling down. I'm not really sad because for a while there I was buying more addons than I could enjoy now I suppose I have a chance to really get into each one in depth without looking over my shoulder to another one.I will continue to fly FS9 as in these days of economic strife there is no upgrade anytime soon; I'm one of the unlucky to have taken a paycut (which is better than a layoff). So as I said I've begun to fly some of the older addons I purchased years ago but never really got into and am really having fun now that I'm beginning to understand this is all I'll have. But I'm not upset as I'm not sure what other type of plane I would need; they've just about covered all I would want to fly.To all those addon developers- PMDG, LEVELD, FLIGHT1, REALITY XP and others I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU! for the wonderful addons you've supplied for FS9 over the years and I appreciate all the work you put into them and wish all of you muhch success with the FSX platform. FSX is a great platform but I just can't run it successfully on my system unfortunately. Maybe in a couple years I may be able to join you again and begin to purchase addons but for now my wife will be happy as the credit cards will finally get paid off. Plus I have a daughter about to start college so my addon money can now go to books and tuition.I'm not bitter but am just willing to accept I am now offically behind the times with technology upgrades and this is no fault of anybody, its just the way the paycheck bounces.I hope this hope does not offend anybody or cause a flame war as I am only expressing my sincere gratitude to developers for many years of enjoyment and I'm sure I'll have many more within the FS9 platform catching up on all those addons I bought and can now fully delve into.Sincerly,Sean Green
LOL, Who cares PMDG new product???? I have lot of very nice airplane in fs9 and lot of addons so i can fly, and in fsx everybody hunting fps and optimizations.FS2004 still here,

A good post Sean. FSX runs ok-ish on my system with certain compromises. FS9 runs superbly with no-compromises. Maybe I won't be spending much more money on newer addons, but so what? My favourite addons (PMDG B744, MD-11, LDS B763, PT TU-154M, SCS TU-134, SDS Yak 40 and a load of Aerosoft sceneries) are more than enough to keep me happy for quite some time. I hate all the FS9/FSX stupid fights and can't understand why people bother with this. Good luck to anyone whatever they run and enjoy is my philosophy. Most of all I echo your thanks and best wishes to developers I've purchased from who are moving to FSX :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I hate all the FS9/FSX stupid fights and can't understand why people bother with this. :(
The reason for the fight becasue they dont fly, they think this is all about hardware and tweaks and fps.

This is where I get off. Live and let live guys. If your happy with what your flying then thats great. Some get as much pleasure tweaking as flying and thats good too if it floats your boat :( . For my part I was simply voicing my observations in terms of which way I think Dev's seem to be going.Once again, happy flying,(or tweaking) and best regards to all.Malcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

This is where I get off. Live and let live guys. If your happy with what your flying then thats great. Some get as much pleasure tweaking as flying and thats good too if it floats your boat :( . For my part I was simply voicing my observations in terms of which way I think Dev's seem to be going.Once again, happy flying,(or tweaking) and best regards to all.Malcolm Hancock (Rooster)
Agreed. I'm leaving with you Mal. Pub?

Gavin Barbara

Hello Malcolm Hancock, I think you misread my post.I did not say my FS nine is my FS ten.I said my FS nine is my FS eleven!.........I bypassed FS ten. :(...no seriously FSX has been great..... it has made my FS9 even better! :(".....floats your boat" ...you'd be talking about FSX B)....sorry guys just having too much fun landing my gorgeous L-10 at FRA in FS eleven!. :(

Hello Malcolm Hancock, I think you misread my post.I did not say my FS nine is my FS ten.I said my FS nine is my FS eleven!.........I bypassed FS ten. :(...no seriously FSX has been great..... it has made my FS9 even better! B)".....floats your boat" ...you'd be talking about FSX B)....sorry guys just having too much fun landing my gorgeous L-10 at FRA in FS eleven!. :(
I believe we're on the same side as you Ed :( Now, this time I must really be going. Fancy a pint Ed?

Gavin Barbara

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

FS9's days are not numbered in this cockpit.7272300020-1.jpg

I don't think any publisher can let FS9 vanish, the only one who can do that is yourself.If PMDG or any other publisher decides to produce only FSX aircraft, that's fine with me but it doesn't makes me to migrate to FSX.I'm very happy with FS9 as it is now and besides that I have simply invested too much money already in FS9.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Great work Mr Boeing Skunk Works! :( I would like to make a cockpit one day......actually I have been looking for a VMax Yoke. Anyone know where I can find one?