Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG MD-11 v1.20.0051 Available

Captains-I have just made available the FSX/FS2004 updates to bring your PMDG MD-11's up to the v1.20.0051 standard.You can find both updates here at the PMDG DOWNLOADS PAGE You can download the update for the FSX/FS2004 platform as per your preference, and run the installation directly over the top of the installation you currently have in place. There is no need to reinstall anything, including your liveries.We had hoped that the advanced tutorial was going to be included in this update, but it is not quite finished yet. It is in a very advanced stage- so we'll release it via the downloads page once it IS ready- but I am unable to guess at the ETA at this moment. The following items are addressed in this update:Changes that apply to both the FSX and FS9 versions1. Virtual Cockpit: Fixed brakes pressure needle disappearing when PNL lights were turned on.2. Added safeguard against "bad" flight plan files that caused freezing when origin/destination ICAO codes were entered in the F-PLN INIT page fields. 3. Fixed CTD issues with airports that had a very large number of SID/STAR procedures (e.g. LFPG in AIRAC-0901 that includes 159 SIDs).4. The MCDU FIX page was displaying the course to the FIX instead of the FIX radial at the top of the page.5. In case of a non-precision approach the "MIN PROF" label was not displayed on the F-PLN page (small fonts above the first waypoint with an estimated altitude lower than the MIN PROF altitude).6. "NO TAXI" indication now displays on both PFDs when any of the three IRU systems is in the align phase. In previous versions it was displayed only on the captains PFD when IRU-1 was aligning and only on the F/Os PFD when IRU-2 was aligning.7. Fixed issue of ALT HOLD mode and ATS speed-on-thrust engaging on the ground during preflight when the FCP altitude was set within 20ft of the current altitude. 8. Added missing electrical dependencies for Radio Altimeters. RA1 is powered by AC1 bus and RA2 by AC3 bus. When either RA is unpowered an amber "X" will display on the corresponding PFD in place of the RA readout. Autoland mode requires both RAs available, so if either RA fails the land mode will be APPR ONLY. Also, CAWS RA callouts and DH "Minimums" callouts will not be available when both RAs fail.9. Autoland is now possible with one IRU inoperative in SINGLE LAND mode.10. Corrected electrical dependency for GPWS to be AC1 bus (was DC Battery Bus in previous versions).11. Auto Ground Spoilers is unavailable with AC1 bus unpowered ("DISARM SPOILERS" and "USE MAN SPOILERS" alerts apply).12. Automatic Slats Extension (during stall conditions) is unavailable with AC3 bus unpowered. 13. In case of a landing performed with ATS disengaged, "Approach Idle" thrust was not removed until on ground, preventing spoilers deployment and autobrakes engagement at touchdown. Now "approach idle" is removed at 50 ft AGL.14. Reversers are operated by corresponding engine pneumatic (GE engines) or hydraulic (PW engines) system. This was not modeled in previous versions and it was possible to operate the reversers (sleeve movement) even in a cold & dark situation. 15. Fixed issues with Altitude Hold when simulation rate is set at 2x.16. Fix for descend path calculation for the case of a forced soft restriction followed by several speed only restrictions.17. Fixed predicted wind heading/speed values following interpolation through climb/descend forecast table.18. Fixed wind forecast effect on top-of-descend and descend path calculation.19. Fixed issue with reconfiguration of DUs in case one DU fails. In previous versions when the SDCP SD switch was pressed the ND display was replaced by a second SD display. 20. The keyboard command for "Skip Comms" in pushback was not working.21. In case of a non-GNS equipped aircraft the position update from runway coordinates occurring when throttles are advanced for takeoff was resulting in wrong calculation for the FMC2 position. 22. If PROF mode is armed on the ground it can be disengaged by pushing the FCP altitude knob.23. Flight time as indicated on ND timer was not saved properly with saved flights 24. Fixed wrong label on Transponder knob (in both the VC and the 2D panel). RA was displayed instead of TA. 25. Corrected ND VOR display in TRK mode (direction of OBS arrow was wrong).26. When using the alternate panel.cfg with undockable DUs, the CAPT side DUs will automatically close when switching to F/Os view if the "automatically close panel windows" option is enabled in the PMDG menu. 27. Possible fix for "climb to glideslope" behavior due to FS data corruption.28. Provision for very high cabin vs after early descend to cruise phase transition.29. Adjusted flood lights effect for realism (both VC and 2D panels): Flood lighting is now barely noticeable during daytime. The maximum flood lights effect is achieved during night. During dusk and dawn the flood lights effect is progressively adjusted between day/night levels. 30. The BELOW G/S INHIBIT switch was not working properly when operated from the VC.31. The "BELOW G/S" aural warning can be inhibited by pressing "G/S INHIBIT" switch on the glareshield when below 1,000ft AGL and is reset when climbing above 1,000ft AGL or descending below 30ft AGL. In previous versions the limit was 2,000ft AGL.32. The arrival runway ILS frequency is autotuned only when an ILS, LOC or LDA approach is selected (in previous versions it was autotuned always if the arrival runway was ILS equipped, regardless of the selected approach type)Changes specific to the FSX version33. Fixed inoperative Dome Lights in Virtual Cockpit.34. Improved the way flood lighting is presented in the Virtual Cockpit (fixed the washed out panels effect). Changes specific to the FS9 version35. Fixed problem with COM1/COM2 switching in the Audio Control Panel.36. Fixed issue with aircraft not initializing if a zero payload was selected from the Load Manager.37. Fixed issue of default FS autobrakes interfering with the MD-11 autobrakes system (if set by keyboard commands, or become active in any other way, e.g. loading the MD-11 on top of a FS9 aircraft with autobrakes on). Anyone who purchases the MD-11 after 0630Z/28MAR09 received the newest version 1.20.0055 so there is no need to run the upates!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest manniko

A big thank you Captain Robert. Just downloaded the update and will install it first thing when I come home from office this afternoon. Regards from Riyadh OERKManfred H. Kohl VA LH F/O LH113

Thank you for this update.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Amazing updates as usual. THANX. :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Hey Guys!I very much appreciate the "thank you" notes here- but in the case of these updates, my role is pretty much limited to hitting the upload button...The guys who did all the work on these updates are (in no particular order):Michael Frantzeskakis,Dr. Evangelos M. Vaos (he hates it when i call him that in public)Vin ScimoneThey are the ones rightfully deserving the praise, here...(Although I did hit the upload button with some flair!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for the Update.After a short Flight from SEGU to SEQU(ILS 35) i have to Report, that Item Nr.27 "Climb to Glidslope" Error still there.At least for me.But you say"Possible".Will maybe fixed with another Update. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Haha, Robert, I can only imagine! Congrats are in order for the entire team for such a phenomenal product. You've created more functionality in this one update than many other companies have in their entire product. I am blown away by how amazing the MD-11 is. I'm updating now and flying right after. I cannot wait for the J41 and the NG2.0. And, I suppose, the SECOND mystery plane that will come out this year!! HAHA.Paul