Sign in to follow this  
newtie

sdk install problem

Hi all-I posted this over in the HIFI section but got no response so I thought I'd give it a try here. I'm working my way thru a networked configuration for ASA and so far so good. I'm trying to install the SDK on the XP laptop client and when I try to do so, I get: Unhandled Exception-Failed to load DLL: EULAAny ideas? I just running setup.exe as I normally would so I'm not doing anything special.Thanks,Mark

Guest TempNZ
Hi all-I posted this over in the HIFI section but got no response so I thought I'd give it a try here. I'm working my way thru a networked configuration for ASA and so far so good. I'm trying to install the SDK on the XP laptop client and when I try to do so, I get: Unhandled Exception-Failed to load DLL: EULAAny ideas? I just running setup.exe as I normally would so I'm not doing anything special.Thanks,Mark
I'm getting this too, did you get a solution? This is on a clean Windows XP SP3 solution. No FSX, just trying to install the SDK from Disc One, so i can put on SDK SP1a and then SDK Acceleration.

No idea what's causing your installer problems, but if all you want is to get a remote SimConnect client working on the XP LapTop and assuming you were able to install the SDK on the same machine as FSX with no problems, you should be able to take the SimConnect.MSI file (located within the SDK subdirs) to the remote machine and then just run that installer (which installs the Native client lib in the WinSxS dir and the managed wrapper in the GAC - since this is XP, make sure you have at least .Net 2.0 runtime installed before running the SimConnect.MSI file, otherwise it won't install the managed wrapper in the GAC, because there is no GAC on a machine without .Net installed :-> ).The SimConnect.MSI file should be located at "Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib\SimConnect.MSI" within the SDK subdirs.Another benefit of my replacement managed SimConnect library (yea I know, stop talking about it and release it already :-> ) - it doesn't require anything special to be installed on remote machines (well, obviously you need whatever version of .Net that the client app is written in, and any other prereqs the app itself might have (Virtual Earth 3D control installed say)). My library will be using a Ship's-With distribution model (ie the client app ships with the DLL alongside - could even be "linked into" the app using something like ILMerge).