Sign in to follow this  
Guest kadam

Upgraded to ASA and now airport issues

Guest kadam

Jim,There is one thing I do not do is install graphics snapshot when prompted. Instead of hitting ok, I always hit cancel. Can that screw everything up?

Hi,No, the graphics snapshot has nothing to do with this. After ASA and FS load, you are clicking on the Refresh AI icon, correct?Try this: next time, do your procedures and sit near the runway and watch the AI activity. Is it all the AI planes that go the wrong way or just the first few? Do the AI planes also land on the wrong runway? Do you have a special AFCAD installed for that airport or default FS stuff?For that last flight ATIS did direct you to the correct runway.Thanks,

Guest kadam

Hi Jim,I first load ASA and then launch FSX from within the application. I then create a flightplan within FSX and start FSX. Once loaded, I then go back into ASA and load the flight plan. From there, I go into the report screen to refresh the AI and then re-enter FSX to begin my flight.I have not tried your suggestion yet but this is what I observed so far. When begining the flight, I'm directed to one RWY while the AI traffic is directed to the opposite end of a RWY. While landing, all traffic is landing on the same RWY that I'm landing on. On final is when I notice the AI traffic is taking off on the opposite end of the RWY.I have AFCAD's installed from AVSIM or Flightsim for the default scenery. Nothing special there.Well at least ATIS is doing something right...Thanks again!!Ken

Sorry to but in here but, saw your post and was interested. May I ask what program you are using for AI traffic?Wilbert

Guest abulaafia

I use WoAI traffic and custom installed AI and with ASA I see the OP's observation a lot. Also, weather at the destination airport is not always correct, or updated only AFTER arriving. Seems to be a simconnect issue. I often see different winds reported in the MD-11 / or the FSX red text, than on the ASA interface.

Guest kadam
Sorry to but in here but, saw your post and was interested. May I ask what program you are using for AI traffic?Wilbert
Wilbert,I use Traffic X by Just Flight.

Guest ashwath

hi,to tell u in a simple manner, using ASA in DWC mode will result in this problem because global weather mode applies the weather at ur current location throughout all the weather stations. so when u listen to ur destination ATIS about 80 miles away it will tell u to use a certain runway, and due to this u might have already planned ur approach for tht runway. but by the time u get closer to ur destination the ATIS report will change again and u will be surprised to see tht another runway is being used, and AI planes will start taking off from the opposite side. this is one of the main reasons y i don't used DWC. its absolutely wrong logic. try flying with DWC off, u wont have this issue.regards,

Guest kadam

Hi,I will try that and hopefully it will work. I have a question though, look at my earlier post where I stated that ATC gave me one RWY to take off and the AI traffic is going to the opposite end. This happens when I first begin my flight. Is this still due to DWC being enabled in ASA?Thanks for the advice!!Ken

Guest ashwath

hi,if this problem is happening at the departure airport then there is something wrong, no matter whether DWC is enabled or not. if use DWC and it happens at the destination airport then its understandable. just turn off DWC and let us know if it is happening.regards,

Guest kadam

Ok ,great news!!! (so far)I disabled DWC and flew from KRDU to KRIC. No problems, whatsoever!!We landed on RWY 16 and AI traffic was taking off from RWY 16. AI traffic was also using RWY 2 as well to take off and land. I will fly back to KRDU and see it the problem is fixed. I will keep my fingers crossed...Thanks for the help!!Ken

Guest abulaafia

DWC is not the culprit, I have had runway problems with and without. I left WMKK running for 1 hour, with updates every 10 minutes, and throught the one hour planes kept taking off from 32R and 14L, even after AI updates. Default AFCAD in FSX. I happens whereever the wind is "Calm" or below 10kts.maybe you can look into that. WMKK 071330Z 25003KT 9999 FEW017CB SCT140 BKN280 26/24 Q1008 NOSIGth_2009-4-7_22-11-39-134.pngth_WMKK.png

Hi,Under Calm winds we are under to control of the FS ATC system, especially if you are using AFCADs that have a certain runway closed for landings or take-offs.Thanks,