Sign in to follow this  
Guest kadam

Upgraded to ASA and now airport issues

Guest kadam

Hello all,I just upgraded from Active Sky X to ASA and so far love it!! One problem though, I flew from my home town KORF to Richmond and noticed planes were taking off and landing at the same runway #16. Which is normal, but then there were other planes landing at the opposite end #34 which is not normal???? I thought maybe a bug, so I refreshed my weather data and the flew to KRDU and the same problem with rwy 23R and 5L. Same scenario as before BUT this does not happen with FSX basic wetaher engine. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Please help!!

Guest kadam

I think I need to turn my download off and keep it static throughout the flight. That was the setting I had before with the FSX weather engine and Acitive Sky X. I would get one download and if the winds shifted during the flight it would not matter. I would not go head to head with another airline!!!! Now when the download is active the winds can shift which still take me to a certain runway and in the meantime other traffic is taking off the opposit end..Agree??

Hi,A point of information and a suggestion.With ASX, after weather processing, ASX would automatically refresh the AI system in FS.With ASA, B355 and B394 you need to manually refresh the AI system with the Refresh AI System icon on the Report screen. So once ASA and FSX are loaded please click on this icon. Then things should match up in FS.Thanks,

Guest kadam

Thanks Jim,I believe my version is build 315 or 316, can't remember. Where can I find official updates instead of the beta? Or do you recommend using the newset beta? Thanks for the help!Ken

Guest kadam
Hi,A point of information and a suggestion.With ASX, after weather processing, ASX would automatically refresh the AI system in FS.With ASA, B355 and B394 you need to manually refresh the AI system with the Refresh AI System icon on the Report screen. So once ASA and FSX are loaded please click on this icon. Then things should match up in FS.Thanks,
Hi Jim,Do I first create my flight plan in FSX then go back into ASA and import the plan? Then do I AI refresh on the report screen? If that is the case, I'm still having the problem with the planes. If I updated to the beta patch, would that help?Thanks for your help!!Ken

Hi,Plan in FSX and make your start location a gate and not a runway.Import plan in ASA.Process plan.Refresh AI using the Icon in ASA.See what you get then and report back here.Thanks,

Guest kadam
Hi,Plan in FSX and make your start location a gate and not a runway.Import plan in ASA.Process plan.Refresh AI using the Icon in ASA.See what you get then and report back here.Thanks,
Sorry to be a pain but do I start FSX loaded with my flight plan then open up ASA. Then after I process within ASA then refresh AI and go back into FSX. Am I on the right track now? Thanks again!!Ken

Guest kadam
Sorry to be a pain but do I start FSX loaded with my flight plan then open up ASA. Then after I process within ASA then refresh AI and go back into FSX. Am I on the right track now? Thanks again!!Ken
Ok, Here we go.....I loaded ASA and then loaded up FSX. I created my flight plan (start at a gate) and the clicked "Fly Now". Once loaded, I immediately clicked ASA and loaded my flight plan and processed it. I then went to the report screen to refresh AI. I did see the FSX screen flicker thinking I did everything right. My flight plan was from KRDU to KRIC and was landing on Rwy 34 and on final a plance was taking off on Rwy 16 right at me. What am I doing wrong??? I'm almost tempted to go back to ASX and put up with that nasty haze layer. At least that worked for me. Can I get some guidance? Thanks again Jim for your support and help!!

Hi Ken,What runway was ATC giving planes to land on?Do you recall what the destination winds were?Thanks,

Guest kadam
Hi Ken,What runway was ATC giving planes to land on?Do you recall what the destination winds were?Thanks,
ATC was giving planes to land on Rwy 34 and they were taking off on the other end Rwy 16. I'm sorry I do not recall what the destination winds were.Thanks!!

Guest kadam

Took the flight again from KRDU to KRIC and was cleared to land RWY 34 with another aircraft behind me. Taking off was another plane from the oppsorite end of RWY 16!! I dont get it...What am I doing wrong? Has anybody else experienced this type of problem? ASX works just fine, it's ASA that is the problem. I did updgrade to B394 and still the same problem.

Hi,So what was the data for the destination airport?Is DWC On or Off?We aren't getting any other reports of this, so I am trying to gather as much information as I can.Thanks,

Guest kadam

Hi Jim,I do have DWC enabled and where do I find the information for the destination airport? I do realize that this is probably user error. After that last flight yesterday, I flew with ASX instead since that works for me. I might try the flight again and then post the information you're requesting.Thanks for your patience and help!Ken

Guest kadam

Ok, I didnt have to do much. When starting off in KRDU, ATC instructed me to take off at RWY 23R. In the meantime, AI aircraft was getting ready to take off on RWY 5L. I attached a sceenshot of the conditions at KRDU.