Sign in to follow this  
Guest bjablonka

Vehicle Simulator

Guest bjablonka

This one was just released, has anyone tried it yet?

You can download it and play it in demo mode, runs for about ten minutes or so before you have to restart. Seems like an upgraded Virtual Sailor with Planes, Cars, boats etc... A fun little sim.

Guest bjablonka
You can download it and play it in demo mode, runs for about ten minutes or so before you have to restart. Seems like an upgraded Virtual Sailor with Planes, Cars, boats etc... A fun little sim.
Thanks, will try.

I like the fact that if you crash into the sea, you actually submerge and it looks good. Who knows? It may be the next platform. I also like the waving bushes, grass and trees.

This plateform seems to have a very good potential for the future, I am quite impressed.Really worth the try!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Does anyone know how "open-ended" it is? If this is to be a potential future platform we need lots of 3rd party studios attracted to it. Cheers/Jonas

Guest Phantoms

I can't seem to find it. Anyone got a link?

I can't seem to find it. Anyone got a link?
It is on the avsim main page.This is very interesting looking!

One of the cool things about this sim is that you can Tab between vehicles. Hop in your Jet Ranger, fly out to the Enterprise and land on the deck, then tab out of the Helo and it puts you on the bridge of the ship which you can sail around while your chopper sits on the deck. One thing I did notice is that the aircraft require you to keep the throttle really low to keep the speed down but no biggie, having fun with this little sim and just might have to buy this one. :( John B.

Guest bjablonka
One of the cool things about this sim is that you can Tab between vehicles. Hop in your Jet Ranger, fly out to the Enterprise and land on the deck, then tab out of the Helo and it puts you on the bridge of the ship which you can sail around while your chopper sits on the deck. One thing I did notice is that the aircraft require you to keep the throttle really low to keep the speed down but no biggie, having fun with this little sim and just might have to buy this one. :( John B.
I agree, looks like a fun game. I just wonder if the full version has the same graphics problems as the demo has, such as the rear of a boat going under water. Did anyone buy it yet?ThanksBernd

Guest evanxmcr

i found the controls a bit awkward and was frustrated by the fact that the cars will flip at low speeds but overall not bad:P

Guest bjablonka
i found the controls a bit awkward and was frustrated by the fact that the cars will flip at low speeds but overall not bad:P
Thanks Evan, do you have issues with the graphics, e.g. flickering where the water hits land etc?

This sim has been around in one form or another for a long time. It started with "Hang Sim" I believe (only hang gliders, paragliders, gliders and maybe some ultralights), followed by Virtual Sailor (maritime) and Micro Flight (ultralight and light aircraft).I bought Micro Flight some years ago. It was an interesting little sim. Very original and fun. It hit a sweet spot between "game" and "sim", something I had not experienced since the Flight Unlimited series. What turned me away from it was the lack of scenery and airplanes, and also some Radeon-specific problems that never got completely resolved for me. The sim allows you to create custom scenery and vehicles but for that to be of any use, it needs a number of talented third-party developers - a single person (or even half a dozen) will not be able to produce enough of those to keep the sim interesting.Combining the two sims and adding ground vehicles and space flight on top of that seems like a great idea. I hope this new sim generates more interest than previous attempts. Ilan Papini is a great person who's very passionate about the products he develops and listens to customer and third-party developer feedback. I wish him good luck and if third party development becomes more active I might buy this sim.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest evanxmcr

yes i did in fact have a flicker problem but i found that that wasnt as big a deal in comparison to other problems

Guest bjablonka
yes i did in fact have a flicker problem but i found that that wasnt as big a deal in comparison to other problems
What other problems?