Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

Default FSX CRJ

Hello.I was thinking of making a purchase of the Wilco CRJ series but have heard a lot of bad press on Wilco in general,so while looking @ their site I realised I never tried the default FSX CRJ! Well I loaded a flight and took off in a CRJ-700 and was very happy with the flight model and 3D outermodel.I would like to maybe add a better interior VC and panel and maybe some better repaints,Anyone know where to find a more realistic panel and VC for a CRJ?Thanks very much!

Your hesitance regarding Wilco is well-placed.You can't change the VC as it is part of the aircraft model.Friendly panels has a CRJ panel: http://secure.simmarket.com/friendly-panel...700-panel.phtmlI've never tried it, but it looks interesting.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Jeff,Thank you for the reply,I made the mistake of buying the Wilco CRJ abomination,lasted about 3min on my hard drive,total waste of money for FSX!!.........Ahhh when will I learn!! :(

Hi, I've been playing with the Wilco CRJ lately. You must keep in mind that it was written for FS9, and the VC is looking a little dated. I'm using a 30-inch monitor and find the glass displays still a little hard to read; of course you can click on them and they pop up to a larger size. The overhead has a 2D pop up, but you can use the VC overhead, although it looks a little blurry, however much better the their ERJ. The default CRJ does not compare, IMHO, with the Wilco/ft version, in terms of flight model and sound effects. It is simply supurb in that department. Also the Wilco FMC CDU as far as it goes, is authentic, at least if you can believe Mike Ray (and I do).I have tried the Friendly Panels add-on for the default CRJ. They are nice and easy to see, with a lot of function, but I believe the funtioning of the glass panels are rather generic, and don't represent the actual layout of the real CRJ. In fairness i have to say I haven't spent too much time with them yet. I'm pretty sure the CDU displays don't correspond with the real deal. Nevertheless, at least it gives you some functionality here.I'm having trouble getting the startup sequence to work correctly in the Wilco version. They did answer me when I filled out a support form on their website, but so far I haven't received any help. I can't help thinking that with a proper forum I could have gotten some helpful user feedback. This is my main objection to Wilco products, the lack of a proper support forum.Hope some of this helps,Murfman