Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

UltimateTraffic - Almost Too Good To Be True - Almost :)

Guest Pardue802

Personally I think the biggest thing this package is going to offer is just the routes themselves, easily put into FS with easily assigned aircraft. Whether an aircraft has an accurate livery or not, the big thing is to have its route in there. It's been said many times that it is to be incredibly easy to add, remove, or change aircraft set for routes, so all you have to do is go out and find (or build) an acceptable-quality-low-poly aircraft in your favorite livery and change it out with the routes where it should be with the included utility in UT.Personally I already have aircraft downloaded and ready to replace two commuter carriers not in UT that fly from my local airport: Continental Express Embraer ERJ45 and ASA Embraer 120 Brasilia.It should also be noted that UT will have a subscription service where you'll be able to download and automatically install updated routes, and, I believe, more aircraft/liveries, as they come up with them. Unfortunately, I think the biggest loss will be that UT won't include the actual spoken voice for most of these airliner names for ATC, but I've heard mention of a utility to make such airliner names. I have a feeling once UT comes out I'll be looking for that utility and/or voice downloads for it. Can't remember what the name of it was.So look at those things alone: a fairly accurate RW-based timetable for 927 different airlines, easily importable into Flight Simulator, easily managable with whatever aircraft you see fit, not to mention tools for managing GA traffic (for low and slow buffs like myself)... I plan to do a lot of quick replacing of default Cessna's and Piper's and Mooney's, oh my! GA traffic will be at all but the busiest airports (as in real life), and will be highly customizable. The coolest thing will be doing my GA flight-around-the-world and realizing that I'm flying in the traffic that would actually be encountered on route.The possibilities are pretty much limitless. The Microsoft boys are going to be going out buying this thing saying to themselves, "Boy, wish we could do that." -- licensing arguments and considerations aside, I still don't know how items like UT get around it, but I'm glad they do! -- I'm anxious for this thing to come out (disappointed by the delay in the date, but pleased that they're taking the time to put the finishing touches on it). From what I understand, they've added 50+ new repaints in just the last two weeks! BTW, no offense to any Microsoft boys reading this forum ;-)Ken

Guest Pardue802

EDIT:Sorry for the double post again... good old Mozilla is acting up on me :-P

Where is airedit?Is this the same asgoing into air.cfg for each plane?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I can't wait to download 1.3gb of AI! That's amazing, I hope they have their bandwidth covered.....

Eric Thornton

Guest AV8RFOOL

Oyvind,I wasn't trying to argue. ;-) I imagine it took quite a while to compile the data you have. One item of particular interest with Ultimate Traffic is the interface. I installed some great new UPS textures in the beta today and it just took a couple of mouseclicks to get them assigned and up and running in the sim. I completely understand your reasons for buying and they are perfectly fine. We will have you covered in that area as well.The ATC bug you are referring to is an FS problem. We have done our best to try and manage this by overlaying several airports when it is released. Our success rate is very high by doing this, but there will be some of those "go-arounds" here and there. Hopefully some seperation will be built in the next version to help handle traffic better. Thanks for your interest in the product. I can't wait for you all to see it. Tom and our beta testers have done some great work. Now I must get back to some AFCAD overlays...Jeff SmithFlight One Software

Guest AV8RFOOL

Hello,The download size will not be that high. Tom has done a very good job of compacting it down for distrubition purposes. Final size should be available once we finish the docs and last minute additions and updates.Jeff SmithFlight One Software

Guest drobson

It's less than two hours to Friday, (my time---MST), and I've got my credit card ready! :-)Darrell

Guest Maul

Sorry to inform you all, but the release date has been pushed back. The beta testers had lots of good input, so Tom and his crew are finalizing everything so it'll be even better than the beta! If you don't believe me, check out Flight1's Sim forums under Ultimate Traffic. Trust me, I wouldn't lie about this, I've been waiting for this one for quite some time. I hope to test out my new system with it, seems it will be the Ultimate Test, if you will.EricArea51 (When It Arrives...)Intel

Guest drobson

Thanks! I haven't been to the forum, just the main page, which is still stating May 9. (too many other forums to visit). ;-)Darrell

Add on scenery, such as "German Airports" have static aircraft, which was nice in the time, when programs such as UT did not exist.I think, with UT, it should be better, if these static aircraft did not exist att all; in that way, you can optimally use the new AI aircraft and the static aircraft doesn't stand in "their way". I understand, that "German Airports" deliver the AFCAD, that is necessary for UT, but I wonder if it also be possible (and preferable) to remove the static aircraft (I assume, that should need a update of the specific add on scenery).And, when I understand things good, in that case there should be also a separate AFCAD for the airports without static aircraft.Willem

Guest Terblanche

Jase439Two questions:1. I bought MYTRAFFIC a while ago and the one problem I have is that when you want to load an aircraft it takes forever to open the aircraft list because of all the AI traffic listed in there, and once the drop down window is open, and you want to fly for example a 737 it takes forever to search for the 737 you want to fly because there is

Guest AV8RFOOL

Terblanche,Ultimate Traffic has all of AI hidden in the menu. All you will see is your aircraft you have downloaded and/or paid for. The program includes AFCADs for all of the serviced airports (over 3600 I believe) and you can easily add AFCADS for third party sceneries with just a couple of mouseclicks. Ultimate Traffic is turning base to final and should be available shortly.Jeff SmithFlight One Software

Guest cloudtops

>1. I bought MYTRAFFIC a while ago and the one problem I have>is that when you want to load an aircraft it takes forever to>open the aircraft list because of all the AI traffic listed in>there, and once the drop down window is open, and you want to>fly for example a 737 it takes forever to search for the 737>you want to fly because there is

Guest Terblanche

KevinNow that is a GREAT tip ... I will do it tonight!And now that the first anwer is answered as well I think that Ultimate Traffic could be the next thing to buy.Thanx for thisTerblanche