Sign in to follow this  
stevenp

future aircraft and a320 pricing

I just read the airsimmer march update and I am very sad to hear that they are pricing the addon at $90 plus you have to pay extra to get some "optional" features. PMDG can you please reassure me that your next addons including the j41 will not be remotley close to $90, but rather closer to md-11 and 747 pricing?

Ryan just recently mentioned pricing of J41 in one of the long threads - search for it.

I just read the airsimmer march update and I am very sad to hear that they are pricing the addon at $90 plus you have to pay extra to get some "optional" features. PMDG can you please reassure me that your next addons including the j41 will not be remotley close to $90, but rather closer to md-11 and 747 pricing?
That $90 gets you all the core packages (A318, A319, A320, A321) plus the core packages for FSX. Also it's is only $10 more than pmdg MD-11 where the combo package is $119.99. That's pretty cheap to me.The way i see it, for a proper A320 simulator, it's worth it.

Nathan

That $90 gets you all the core packages (A318, A319, A320, A321) plus the core packages for FSX. Also it's is only $10 more than pmdg MD-11 where the combo package is $119.99. That's pretty cheap to me.The way i see it, for a proper A320 simulator, it's worth it.
I agree. If Airsimmer's product is up to PMDG's standard, I consider that a fair price for four aircraft and will happily pay for it. But it has to be PMDG standard.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I agree, lots of work goes into these products and the developers have families to feed. I dont have a problem paying such price for a top notch product like the MD11. As an airline pilot, I spend most of my time simming GA and discover the lovely australian landscape (ORBX), but the MD11... cant stop flyer her :)Happy landingsJohn

If Airsimmer's plane is good I personally have no problem with $90 for both the FS9 and FSX versions with all variants... That said, the J41 is not going to be that much, don't worry.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The A320 FSX version is not until "Phase III", which is probably a year away or more! I have my doubts they will even release a version for FSX, there have been so many delays with that project over the last 2 years.Well, this just means more money to buy the excellent PMDG releases.

Matthew S

If Airsimmer's plane is good I personally have no problem with $90 for both the FS9 and FSX versions with all variants... That said, the J41 is not going to be that much, don't worry.
Its just too much for me considering the md-11 for fsx is $60.00 or so. Well I really don't want the fs9 version for the airsimmer, but I don't want to pay over $30 more. It may look like good quality, but we have never really seen or flown this plane. So we don't know if they're giving us a ride or not (I'm just being precocious since two other developers with promising results never delivered to the right standard.) Thats the entire problem we don't know with them and I am not too excited to hear that they are doing this extra things now, soon its going to be every variant is extra.

Its just too much for me considering the md-11 for fsx is $60.00 or so. Well I really don't want the fs9 version for the airsimmer, but I don't want to pay over $30 more. It may look like good quality, but we have never really seen or flown this plane. So we don't know if they're giving us a ride or not (I'm just being precocious since two other developers with promising results never delivered to the right standard.) Thats the entire problem we don't know with them and I am not too excited to hear that they are doing this extra things now, soon its going to be every variant is extra.
Not to belabor this in PMDG's forum, but I'd encourage folks to go look at Airsimmer's March update for themselves. They seem as committed as PMDG or LDS to faithful reproduction of the systems, not just looks, of each individual airframe in the A32x family, plus the usual additions - ALL for the one price mentioned.I've expressed my own reservations in their forum, it's a tall order to equal the likes of PMDG on the first try, but I'm watching with great interest, they look serious.

Regards,

Mark

Its just too much for me considering the md-11 for fsx is $60.00 or so.
The PMDG MD-11X is $79.99 the Airsimmer is 89.95, so how are you coming up with a $30 difference?

Nathan

If it has the quality of a PMDG product and I can recieve the same support as I do with PMDG then I really don't mind paying a few extra $$,That being said nothing upsets me more than spending my money on a buggy product that I have to spend my time fixing instead of enjoying flight simming.I really think if a developer is going to charge that kinda $ they should support and fix their own product.

The PMDG MD-11X is $79.99 the Airsimmer is 89.95, so how are you coming up with a $30 difference?
You know what. I actually paid 59.99 euros back in Oct. so I guess I did actually pay more than $90. I guess I wasn't thinking about exchange rates today and I though wrong. I guess I will give their addon a second look and it is truly a fair price. Hmm.... I was wrong.

Ultimately, everyone can vote with their wallets when it comes to PMDG products and any others for that matter. And if such economic voting affects the sales of a product unduly, like every other product that is not a necessity, that will drive the pricing to at least some extent. You get what you pay for, both good and bad.But on the other side of this coin, fifteen years ago, Joe Blow could bang out a freeware airliner he had made with FSDS, and everyone was happy; the limitations of the host simulation meant that it was easy to make something which met with people's expectation level. But the writing was on the wall for this kind of thing when revolutionary stuff that pushed the realism, such as EFIS 98 started showing up, and it was only a matter of time before commercial add-on aircraft for FS were going to be a lot more than pretty models with vague approximations of the systems and behaviour of the real thing. Ten years ago people were thrilled at the prospect of something which vaguely resembled an FMC even simply being available - let alone accurately portrayed - now they complain when there's a waypoint not in the FMC of an add-on they buy. With those kind of levels of expectation and the kind of work necessary to meet them, it's simply not realistic to expect the price of an add-on aircraft to stay the same.Like everyone else, I don't like paying more for the same kind of product, but that's not what is happening when an innovative new FS add-on comes out. These things really do push the envelope, but we rarely step back and notice what a huge change has taken place. That pushing comes at a price. So load up FS98 (should install in about ten seconds these days) and install 'Airbus 2000' or 'the Airbus Collection' (both of which were about 25 quid at the time, and if I recall correctly the big selling point was that the fuselages had twelve-sided cylindrical polygons), then see how far things have come. Factor in inflation and see if you'd be happy to pay that price now for something along those lines. Might take you ten minutes to read the manual from cover to cover, not something you'll be doing with a PMDG manual.Sure things cost more, but they do very much more too.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

While I am only interested in the FSX version of Airsimmer's product, if it is up to snuff and all that they say it will be, I think the price is fair. I respect that this stuff is HARD to make and test and I've spent so much money on JUNK due to impatience, I am ready to reward quality with my dollars.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

The A320 FSX version is not until "Phase III", which is probably a year away or more! I have my doubts they will even release a version for FSX, there have been so many delays with that project over the last 2 years.Well, this just means more money to buy the excellent PMDG releases.
And the Md-11 took 5 days to make? Anymore, we are talking about quality in these aircraft that is pushing the envelope closer to reality. I am no expert, and am awaiting my first pmdg product(boxed md-11), but please keep in mind that the days of "short" production are long gone if you want something in-depth and of good quality.

Waleed N