Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Help FSX wont start

Guest UlfB

Hi all,This morning i was running FSX. No problems at all. Then I shut down the system and did some shopping. I used my Ford and drove exactly 4.5 km. When I got back home FSX didn't start. I've tried to do a reshopping several times without success. I'v even tried to use my friend's car, a Toyota, to do the shopping, without success. I tried to drive 8.0 km, but this didn't help at all. I've applied the exhaust tweak to my Ford. Are there any more tweaks that I should use?I'm pretty desperate and would appreciate some advice. Would changing the fuel in my car help? One guy reported that he had success with running his car with diesel mixed with alcohol. Is this safe? Would STP help or plain snake oil?Strange thing is that FSX started up once and that was when a BMW passed by. I've tried to start up FSX many times since then without success. Do you think that I should replace my Ford with a BMW? Is such an investment really worth while? How many km would you have to drive to make FSX run without any problems?Maybe I should get rid of my Ford and FSX and reinstall FS9 and buy an overclocked Volkswagen.

Well, I'm no expert. But there was a time when it was a big mistake to run FSX on a Ford. But since you can now update the manual from 1.3 to 2.0, well that seems to have made all the difference.Plain snake oil lacks the needed mghz, and a good amount of brown sugar in the muffler bearings provides plenty of back pressure for the entire cooling system.Now, the BMW question is a different animal. A buffalo I think. I knew someone who ran FS9 on a buffalo, but that is another tail.In the end, a driver update might be the answer. I have never dated a Toyota or BMW driver, so I'm not sure of the proper procedure. Do you give the flowers before or after the cleaner?Good luck. Keep us posted.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi all,This morning i was running FSX. No problems at all. Then I shut down the system and did some shopping. I used my Ford and drove exactly 4.5 km. When I got back home FSX didn't start. I've tried to do a reshopping several times without success. I'v even tried to use my friend's car, a Toyota, to do the shopping, without success. I tried to drive 8.0 km, but this didn't help at all. I've applied the exhaust tweak to my Ford. Are there any more tweaks that I should use?I'm pretty desperate and would appreciate some advice. Would changing the fuel in my car help? One guy reported that he had success with running his car with diesel mixed with alcohol. Is this safe? Would STP help or plain snake oil?Strange thing is that FSX started up once and that was when a BMW passed by. I've tried to start up FSX many times since then without success. Do you think that I should replace my Ford with a BMW? Is such an investment really worth while? How many km would you have to drive to make FSX run without any problems?Maybe I should get rid of my Ford and FSX and reinstall FS9 and buy an overclocked Volkswagen.
These kind of things make me hate computers. First things first, any new updates lately been installed without you knowing it, ie automatic update?, Any new software recently? Can you go back to a restore point? If none of the above apply try disconnecting things such as joysticks, throttles, ect one by one and see if that works. Any errors pop up when trying to load FSX? It may be a bad sector on your HD so I would also run a check disk and check for fragmentation as well.Thats alot to look at, let us know how you progress. If all else fails buy a new car!Jim

Jim Wenham

Guest UlfB
These kind of things make me hate computers. First things first, any new updates lately been installed without you knowing it, ie automatic update?, Any new software recently? Can you go back to a restore point? If none of the above apply try disconnecting things such as joysticks, throttles, ect one by one and see if that works. Any errors pop up when trying to load FSX? It may be a bad sector on your HD so I would also run a check disk and check for fragmentation as well.Thats alot to look at, let us know how you progress. If all else fails buy a new car!Jim
Thanks for the excellent advice. I just bought myself a brand new BMW X6 xDrive50i. I'm now able to run FSX with all sliders maxed out. Initially I had some problems with stutters. After some trial and error I finally got FSX to run smooth as silk, by disabling the turbos. FSX obiously can't use twin turbos.

I think Ulf's had too much to..........ermmmm maybe drink today. :(

The car I'm running is 1 936 Morris 10/4, I have no problems with FSX.Looks as though the cure is to run an older car!

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

I know this has been asked a hundred times before. I've searched the forums and can't find the answer. Can someone please tell me where I can find the auto-gen tweak for my 1968 Opel Kadett? I'm not sure that older IS better. This rig has been nothing but trouble lately. I recently threw a pixel rod, and nothing wants to work. Not only that , but my CPU gasket is leaking, again. Oh well, one more can of stop leak. And I think my radio is empty. I just know if I can find that magic tweak...Bob

Bob

Guest Nick_N
I know this has been asked a hundred times before. I've searched the forums and can't find the answer. Can someone please tell me where I can find the auto-gen tweak for my 1968 Opel Kadett? I'm not sure that older IS better. This rig has been nothing but trouble lately. I recently threw a pixel rod, and nothing wants to work. Not only that , but my CPU gasket is leaking, again. Oh well, one more can of stop leak. And I think my radio is empty. I just know if I can find that magic tweak...Bob
[OLD MODULES]TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_MAX_OPEL_CLASSIC=NOTE: Adding this line can cause stutters if oil is not changed every 2500 miles

Thanks Nick.Do I need a value in there?TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_MAX_OPEL_CLASSIC=2500I seem to remember some people using 4000. But I don't want to start an argument.I haven't had any trouble with stutters, but things do get blurry after a late night.What do you think of:[KLUNKER]OPEL_RADIUS= 8.500000I'm not at my FSX rig right now. I'll add your tweak tonight when I get home.Bob

Bob

Guest Nick_N
Thanks Nick.Do I need a value in there?TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_MAX_OPEL_CLASSIC=2500I seem to remember some people using 4000. But I don't want to start an argument.I haven't had any trouble with stutters, but things do get blurry after a late night.What do you think of:[KLUNKER]OPEL_RADIUS= 8.500000I'm not at my FSX rig right now. I'll add your tweak tonight when I get home.Bob
AhhhhI'm sorry, .. I see the problemScroll down further and set the following under that [KLUNKER] heading:WIPERBLADE_RUBBER_WORN=FALSE <--- fixes blursWINDSHIELD_CRACKED=FALSE <--- fixes blursWASHER_TANK_EMPTY=FALSE <--- fixes blursBUGS_ON_WINDSHIELD=0 <--- fixes MAJOR blurs close to the aircraft, especially if 1-2-3 are TRUE!OIL_BURN_PPM=0 <--- fixes DISTANCE blurs and screaming multiplayer complaintsOIL_LEAK_QTS_PER_HOUR=0 <--- means no CTDBACKFIRES_WHEN_STARTED=FALSENUMBER_OF_TRIES_BEFORE_START=1 BATTERY_REQUIRES_JUMPSTART=FALSE <--- This and two above fixes FSX start issuesNUMBER_OF_CRANKS_BEFORE_JUMPSTART=25 <--- Only has influence if above set to TRUE and can be reducedCHEAP_FUEL_PREDETONATION=FALSE <---fixes stuttersRUNS_LEAN_ON_ACCELERATION=FALSE <---fixes stuttersNUMBER_OF_STALLS_PER_SESSON=0 <---fixes stutters and OOM issuesNUMBER_OF_TRIES_BEFORE_RESTART=1 <--- Only has influence if above set to 1 or greaterThat should fix everything.. No more FSX problems.

Guest djt01

LOL, thanks, this forum needed some good humor.

NickWOWThank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,You are ,like, my Hero. Your tweaks have made my FSX run so great! I am so happy!Now... I have been thinking about this a lot (why, I don't know.) One more thing and then I think I will be done. I don't want to intrude on your time. You,ve been so helpful already. What do you think of thisOCTANE_SELECT=AUTO<---saves load timeTRANSMISSION_GEAR_AT_LOAD=PARK<---Stops CTD(Crash Through Desk)AUTO_CHOKE=FALSEVENTURI_THROAT_ACTIVE=TRUE<---Aids texture blending, not used if above is TRUE. 2700 Variable Venturi---not one of Fords better ideas.NUMBER_OF_TIRES=4<---Smaller numbers can cause stuttersUSER_MEMORY_TEST=TRUE<---Helps some of us older folksAnyway, thanks for all your help.Bob(Yes this forum needs some good humor. Too bad this is nothing like good humor)

Bob

Guest UlfB
Thats alot to look at, let us know how you progress. If all else fails buy a new car!Jim
Jim,I tried to run a restore, but I didn't get may original Ford back. I ended up with a Trabant and when I tried to start FSX I got a blue screen. A short report:
  1. 1. The BMW X6 xDrive50i is absolute fantastic. FSX is running very smooth with very high fps.2. The tweaks that Bob and Nick suggest are excellent.3. On Ray Sailors blog, former KINGs member, I found an additional tweak that gave me some extra fps. Add this item under the KLUNKER section: CHARGER_GENERAL_LEE_BOOST=TRUE. Some so called experts say that this tweak doesn't apply to none US cars, but that's not true. The fact is that this tweak may be applied to all cars with 8 or more cylinders.

Thank you all for helping me out :( Very much appreciatedA tip: Make sure to remove all old parts of your old car before you install the new one. A friend of mine didn't get rid of a bumper and had big trouble getting FSX to run with his new car. Use a driver cleaner if you did use a chauffeur with your old car. At Driver Heaven you may find a new suitable chauffeur for your new car. Never ever use the same chauffeur with different cars.Now it's time to start saving money for an upgrade during fall. I've heard that Mercedes plan to build a 12 cylinder diesel that will match the upcoming Intel Nehalem ECO i12 CPU. That platform should give you twice the performance of any existing Core i7 with very low power consumption. Mercedes claim that a 350W PSU will be more than enough.Thanks all!