Sign in to follow this  
ck777

Loss if Indicated Airspeed

I have merged the iFly panel with POSKY. Recently I have been losing IAS after take off. I haven't done anything different in the FMC. I have also lost autothrottle. When I engage autothrottle and SPD, N1 goes to the max. Not sure what could be the problem. I appreciate any advice

Chris B. Trane

I have merged the iFly panel with POSKY. Recently I have been losing IAS after take off. I haven't done anything different in the FMC. I have also lost autothrottle. When I engage autothrottle and SPD, N1 goes to the max. Not sure what could be the problem. I appreciate any advice
Hi, try to look to FMC on legs, sometimes when you use SIDs the initial legs have not assigned speed and altitude (in right part of the screen), then throttle goes to min.JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

That's a good idea..I'll try that. I have been using SIDs. But, I'm not using LNAV...would that matter. I do use VNAV. Thanks for the idea

Chris B. Trane

That's a good idea..I'll try that. I have been using SIDs. But, I'm not using LNAV...would that matter. I do use VNAV. Thanks for the idea
not sure if not using LNAV but only VNAV could not be also the reason, normally should not. Try to look at these legs in SIDs.Anyway, any experience with POSKY model with ifly ? you do not have quick wawing during turns ?regards JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

that didn't work. My turns are okay...a little wavy.

Chris B. Trane

that didn't work. My turns are okay...a little wavy.
Hi, what do you mean, that even if you did not use SIDs (without indicated speed and altitude) the autopilot using VNAV of FMC is loosing speed ?JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

It happens either using VNAV or not. I don't loose power, just my IAS and autothrottle. Autothrottle jumps to max N1. Also, my Navigation display turns 180 degree's but I still stay on course...it"s very strange

Chris B. Trane

It happens either using VNAV or not. I don't loose power, just my IAS and autothrottle. Autothrottle jumps to max N1. Also, my Navigation display turns 180 degree's but I still stay on course...it"s very strange
do you have installed SP2 and SP3 for iFLY ?JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

yeah...I have the latest version.

do you have installed SP2 and SP3 for iFLY ?JM

Chris B. Trane

Just did a flight from KLAX to KSFO and no problems. I had noticed everytime the problem occures, I'm flying out of Denver. Oh well, I'll just not fly out of there, but will continue to test other cities.Thanks, CK

Chris B. Trane

yeah...I have the latest version.
One last thing I hav in my mind, do you have anti-ice (pitot) switched on ? FS9 simulates sometimes freezing it in altitude higher than 20000 and then it has this behaviour (max. throttle, 0 airspeed in gauges)...

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3

I'm pretty sure I had the correct anit ice switches on, as someone else suggested that. Thanks for the ideas. I've been building a computer, so, have not been that engaged that last week or so.T

Chris B. Trane