Sign in to follow this  
BlinkNFG

Is Flickering Normal when panning view?

Hi,I have noticed than when I pan around in the virtual cockpit I get flickering. I mainly notice it as a quick flicker of a single line across the screen. It is barely noticable - it doesn't stop me flying I just happen to catch it out of the corner of my eye occassionally and wondered if it was just part of FSX or if I need to alter some settings? It happens regardless of the speed I pan - I can pan really slowly and it still happens. Not noticed it in any other gamesthanksJon

Hi,I have noticed than when I pan around in the virtual cockpit I get flickering. I mainly notice it as a quick flicker of a single line across the screen. It is barely noticable - it doesn't stop me flying I just happen to catch it out of the corner of my eye occassionally and wondered if it was just part of FSX or if I need to alter some settings? It happens regardless of the speed I pan - I can pan really slowly and it still happens. Not noticed it in any other gamesthanksJon
Do you have Vsynch set to ON? Without that, you can get tearing..

Bert

Do you have Vsynch set to ON? Without that, you can get tearing..
I've enabled it in the Nvida control panel (it overides any application settings) but no difference - I still get the flickeringJon

I've enabled it in the Nvida control panel (it overides any application settings) but no difference - I still get the flickeringJon
Just found out from Nick's FSX config doucment that it is because I had FSX in windowed mode which apparently automatically disables vsync. I have no tears in full screen mode. However I have two monitors and like to have utilities loaded on my secondary screen (e.g Supertraffic Board) - FSX in fullscreen on monitor 1 leaves monitor 2 blank (I can't get anything to appear on it). Maybe I will just have to live with the tears?