Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Weather data..

Is there a config file or something that allows me to set where RC4 gets weather? i.e. ASA or FSX? RC4 always reports winds calm on final. All to often RC4 assigns runways for take off and landing that are the opposite of what AI is using. Help. :)Bob..

Is there a config file or something that allows me to set where RC4 gets weather? i.e. ASA or FSX? RC4 always reports winds calm on final. All to often RC4 assigns runways for take off and landing that are the opposite of what AI is using. Help. :)Bob..
Hi Bob,RC reads wx directly from FSX and not from any weather program. Bear in mind that any wind less than 5kts will correctly be reported as calm.It's important that when you start RC the weather has already been loaded and Ai refreshed to take those winds into account. I know AS6.5 has this toggle option so check if your weather program has it and if so, enable it. Then when you start RC the Ai and winds will be in harmony.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It also could not hurt to set the RC option to Interact With AI.

It also could not hurt to set the RC option to Interact With AI.
Hi Ray!Thank you and I'll try those solutions.Bob..

Hi Ray!Thank you and I'll try those solutions.Bob..
And one last trick is to refresh your AI after you have confirmed the weather is set correctly. If you have weather smoothing ON, you'll sometimes have to wait a couple of minutes for the wind direction and speed to slowly settle to what it is supposed to be. For example, if the reported wind is from 175 degrees, it may take a while for the wind to move to that direction from the default 360 degrees. You have to refresh your AI after it has moved to 175 degrees.Subs

rc gets the weather from fs, not from add-on weather programs. if add-on weather programs are generating weather for fs, rc is still getting the weather only from fsif rc is picking a runway opposite of the ai, let the ai get started (let the ai get their clearance and start taxiing) before you get your weather. that way rc will pick the runways the ai are using.and you have to have interact with ai checked, in the rc options screen.jd