Sign in to follow this  
blueridgeflyer

CTD V1.20 FSX MD11

Had another CTD last night. Was enroute RPLL to RPVM then decided to go back to RPLL, so entered RPLL as the new dest, and CTD.

Matthew S

I too am getting a CTD/freeze more often with this patch. It happens when working with the FMS. I also had FSX freeze when I just selected to bring up the FMS during climb out.I can also get the FMS to force a CTD every time by doing the following (I know it's not the proper way to load the FMS, but hope it will help diagnose what is happening because it also fails during correct loading procedures):1. Load FSX and select MD-11 (for this example I am loading a flight at KPHX, runway 26)2. Bring up FMS and start to Initialize3. Enter a flight KPHX/KLAX4. Select a cruise altitude (320)5. Select a CI (50)6. Select F-PLN page7. Select KLAX8. Select STAR9. Select ILS25L and Insert10. Return to F-PLN page11. Delete first Discontinuity12. Delete KLAXSim then performs CTD with an error in PMDG_MD11.DLL. If both Discontinuities are cleared before deleting KLAX, the sim does not crash.Hope this helps in finding a solution to other CTDs caused by the FMS.Thanks,Christian
Yeah I was able to reproduce yours.-Alex

Guest modeleng

I too have had CTD since installing latest patch for MD11. Before update i had no problems with the sim I am running a Vista 64 Bitt machine with FSX installed. After Starting FSX and loading the MD11 after about 15 miniutes preperation for flight screen freezes next CTD. This happend 3 or more times dosent matter at what airport i am at same result CTD . I then whent back to setup in FSX and un-ticked X10 preiview shut down FSX then restarted it loaded PMDG MD11 no CTD . Preped aircraft compleated short flight no problems at all. Could this be a case of MS FSX SP2 at fault again as has happend in the past ?.Norman Clemas

Norman-Can you confirm for me that you are saying you get a CTD in v1.20.0055 when running in DX10 mode, but NOT when running in DX9?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Norman-Can you confirm for me that you are saying you get a CTD in v1.20.0055 when running in DX10 mode, but NOT when running in DX9?
Maybe my CTD is not the same type as Norman's, but I get CTDs when running in DX9 mode (about once every 5 flights if I'm fooling around with the FMC). This didn't happen prior to 1.2

Matthew S

Gents-A few thoughts and some items of note:After EVERY product release and subsequent update- we see a flurry of CTD/OOM reports hit the forum. We've yet to find that the problem is actually the MD/747 simulation- but is usually a combination of factors that are set up by the user's choices on how they use hardware/software. We have been able to work a few users through CTDs- and we're finding (once again) that the cause tends to be related to system demands. We don't have enough information to really draw firm conclusions on specific scenery or locations- but we are seeing a trend in which we think some folks are simply asking too much from their hardware.A few folks reporting CTDs are using overclocked machines that then appear to become unstable when flying a memory intensive aircraft such as the MD-11 while simultaneously using every weather/scenery add-on ever created. We're seeing similar reports that are resolved when users start paying a bit more attention to the number/types of applications running in the background while simming.Keep in mind that nearly every machine is different- but so far many of those customers who have been "solved" were really the authors of their own problem in the first place...Armen mentioned this above- but i'll bring it up again: Do NOT use saved-flights/panel states that were saved with previous versions. Those of you having CTD problems- we'd recommend that you delete any saved flights and panel states that you have- and start anew. We offer this suggestion simply in order to reduce the potential variables involved while collecting data.Let us know what types of things you are running, what scenery you have loaded, along with any other details you can provide. We'll let you know what trends we can identify from the feedback- and it may help all of us to run a bit more smoothly...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Let us know what types of things you are running, what scenery you have loaded, along with any other details you can provide.
Q6600 (NOT overclocked), 4GB RAM, 8800GT (512MB)FSX SP2, no autogen, low clouds, low scenery, no addons except FEX, ASA and FS2CREW MD11Before 1.2 never a CTD, but since 1.2 CTD every now and then when playing around with the FMS. Also, I haven't actually even been running ASA/FS2CREW even though they are installed.Also, I shut down other processes, including AV scanning when running FSX.So its a pretty lean system, I don't think the CTD are performance related, especially as it only happens when using the FMS and not "randomly" at other times.

Matthew S

Guest modeleng
Yes I Can confirm DX9 no problems.Norman Clemas

Symtoms: CTD's while using the MD11X FMC.OS: Xp Home 32 updated with service pack 3Video: 8800 GTS 640 182.06Sound: X FI Extream GameCPu: E8400 on a p5n sli moboRam: 4 gigs installed -no 3gig switchUsing the onboard RAID controller with 2 drives in stripe modeAddon Airports: Fly Tamp Kai Tak, TNCM; FS Dream KORD and KFJK and Mega's HeathrowScenery: RexAirports I usually hang out at: KSFO, TMCM, KLAX, KJFK, VHHX, KSJCAirports I've been to since latest MD11 update: TNCM, VHHX, KLAX, KSFO, KSJCAirports with CTD's: TNCM and KSFONote: Almost guaranteed CTD using the ANGZ sid from rnwy 10 at TNCM. Latest CTD was at KSFO using the "no atc" GAPP sid from sfo rnwy 28L,no AI and Rex was not running. Prior to the latest update, I've only experienced similar problems with the MD11 at KJFK.Edit: I'm using AIRAC 0808Ken

Every time I take off from PANC, just after gear up... I receive a message"fatal error" and FSX wants to restart.I had similar problems on an older computer (AMD Athlon 3800X2/WinXP Pro)I now have Q6600 (NOT overclocked as well), 4GB RAM, 8800GT (512MB), Vista(I know I know...) home premium. I still get the message like the old rig that the error message containing: ACS.dll, FSUIPC.dll and I forget the other two or three dll's.I did not have this issue on my current box until recently (2 days ago) installed the MD-11 on this rig?!

I can report three CTD/frozen MD-11 v1.2 events since installing the patch. All three have been in the vacinity of the FSDT Chicago O'Hare airport. The first two events occured while taxing. The third event was shortly after reaching cruise (KORD -> KCHS) and then attempting to return to 0'Hare via the FMC. The PC froze shortly after changing the alternate airport entry to KORD.My FSX Server (sig - below) is rock-solid (Prime95, Orthos, Memtest) and I don't experience OOM errors using the x64 OS with the LargeAddressAware flag set by default in FSXsp2. This had not occurred in any previous version of the MD. Having had the pleasure of all the OOM events in the early days of the PMDG-747 in FS9, this CTD acts differently. In my case, the view (2D panels) usually freeze in position, the audio is still alive, but the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. The first two CTD's required a manual reset of the PC to recover. The third event, after waiting for an extended period of time, allowed me to kill the FSX process with the Task Manager after pressing the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence, thereby recovering to the OS Desktop.I need to retest this with the PMDG 747 to adequetly burden the system to the same extent, or more, as does the MD-11.When you guys say, don't re-use previous MD-11 panels, does this include the PMDG-provided panel states? I have always loaded, and continue to load the 'short-turn' panel state from the PMDG menu after the MD-11 fully initializes. Is this deemed acceptable?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

In my experiences, the panel state had nothing to do with the FSX hanging then giving me an fatal error, which at that point wants to send a report to MS the restart FS...