Sign in to follow this  
Guest dakrisht

Scenery Question

Guest dakrisht

What are some scenery titles that you can't live without?If you could only have 3 or 4 scenery titles, what would they be?I've never installed or purchased scenery for FSX since I my system was limited in the past and FSX was (and still is) great the way it is.Now with my new system I'd like to experience some nice scenery.I've heard about photo-realistic scenery and mesh scenery, some negative things about photo-realistic scenery... But I want to know some thoughts from the forums before I got out and spend a few hundred on scenery titles...With some tips from members and my own tweaking, I'm able to get about 29-33 FPS in and around LAX, JFK, MIA currently with my system (OC'd Phenom II XE 940 @3.5Ghz, nVidia 9800 GTX, Win XP 32, 4GB 5-5-5-12 RAM)I know there are different scenery packages for all over the world, I'd be interested in Europe and the U.S.A (something nice for LAX would be great)...But just share your thoughts on scenery and mention the titles you can't fly without! ;)

Without listing GEX and UTX as scenery addons, I would choose the following as must haves for me.BTW, the airports and sceneries in my list are just because of areas I enjoy flying in most of the time.1. FlyTampa St. Marteen/St. Barts. This has been probably my favorite addon package ever, even back in FS9. I love flights between St. Marteen and St. Barts in a small A/C, and flying into St. Marteen from San Juan and Miami. Still need to get the FlyTampa Kai tak one of these days, but I don't fly in Asia much so I have yet to try it. Looks awesome though.2. FSDreamTeam Zurich. Great looking scenery and textures and very easy on performance. It's almost like something FlyTampa would do.3. TROPICALSIM - AIR BRIDGE RIO-SP package. For one price you get Congonhas, Santos Dumont, and Gale

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest dakrisht
Without listing GEX and UTX as scenery addons, I would choose the following as must haves for me.BTW, the airports and sceneries in my list are just because of areas I enjoy flying in most of the time.1. FlyTampa St. Marteen/St. Barts. This has been probably my favorite addon package ever, even back in FS9. I love flights between St. Marteen and St. Barts in a small A/C, and flying into St. Marteen from San Juan and Miami. Still need to get the FlyTampa Kai tak one of these days, but I don't fly in Asia much so I have yet to try it. Looks awesome though.2. FSDreamTeam Zurich. Great looking scenery and textures and very easy on performance. It's almost like something FlyTampa would do.3. TROPICALSIM - AIR BRIDGE RIO-SP package. For one price you get Congonhas, Santos Dumont, and Gale

The photo sceneries have no effect on FPS and sometimes you may experience higher FPS due to how much autogen the package places in the scenery. As far as GEX, yes I would recommend it highly. It also will have no effect on FPS since it just replaces the default ground textures. Most people, including me seem to even get better performance when using GEX. UTX on the other hand can effect performance depending on what options you install. The GUI has a box that will show the performance impact of each feature you install. The two biggest performance hogs with UTX is the night lighting and car traffic. I actually had to do a mod to the car traffic on the last update so that it didn't effect my performance as much. These two addons are great because they cover the whole US, not just a region or city.I love the MegaScenery stuff, but not so much the MegaSceneryEarth products because they are using satelite images that sometime had clouds in them. The MegaScenery stuff was created from aerial photography, not satelite images. I would not trade the MegaScenery stuff for anything, I ilke it that much.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator