Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

A Question about thr RCS B-25

Hi,Exactly what I wanted to know. Unlike Dan I cannot ask anyone to burn a CD and send as I do not trust our Customs Dept. Wld still appreciate if someone can guide (Dan is first in line) us to a 'resumable' download site.Regards,Aarmin

Guest danowat

Hi,Well, if there is no other site that is going to put the file up, could someone upload it to an FTP site?, with proir permission of course.I have an FTP site, but unfortunatly it is my works FTP and I don't think they would like a lot of traffic :), so if someone was willing to host this file that would be great.Dan.

>And Chas, yes I do live in the UK, I would gladly sent you a>SAE and a CDR for you to burn it on.OK Dan, check your e-mail. I'll get it straight back to you.ChasW

OK, in specific reply to Roman. The reason other sites are not carrying this file is because MAAM-Sim are threatening them using this as yet unproven accusation as a weapon. Perhaps you understand now why the thread should actually be left open until Avsim conclude their investigation? Or do you support the Payware Giants being able to dictate to freeware developers what they can and can't make or upload? ChasW

Guest danowat

Hi Chas,I have checked my mail, nothing yet, which E-mail address do you send it to?, you can use this one danowat32@hotmail.comThanksDan.

Hi Tom,Did you or anyone else in your staff get any real evidence w.r.t. the claims being made by MAAM? I'm asking, because at the moment it looks like threats without evidence are sent by MAAM to block uploads of a competing product, and that looks more like power play than justice.I think it is very unlikely that a professional artist like Roy would risk his reputation by breaking someone else's copyright. That said, I'm looking forward to any kind of evidence that supports the allegations made by the maam crew, if there is any.thanks,Enno

RCS worked very hard all right. Much of their effort and time was spent trying to disguise the thefts and outright piracy of the MAAM-SIM B-25. The proof is being thoroughly documented and prepared now and will be released publicly within the next few days, signed by myself and Russ Strine, President of the Mid Atlantic Museum. Until then, I advise you not to give any support to RCS and do not download their pirated product. Honorable men will want to steer as fas away from RCS as possible when the stuff hits the fan a a couple days.The moderator may or may not lock this thread, after this. It may be just as well if it keeps the misguided from making fools of themselves. ;-) Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi ChasW - would u burn CD for myself - live in Lancs. UK. Will forward PP if u could.Denis B

Guest Dominique

>Or do you support the Payware Giants being able to dictate to>freeware developers what they can and can't make or upload? >>>>ChasWha ha, "Payware Giants" you're either uninformed or manipulative. MAAM's team is composed of well known freeware developpers banding together for a good cause. D

>ha ha, "Payware Giants" you're either uninformed or>manipulative. MAAM's team is composed of well known freeware>developpers banding together for a good cause.And when freeware developers band together and put out a product that has to be bought and paid for? If it's not free, and payment is compulsory, and it has to be bought through the Avsim shop then it's payware, isn't it?Just look and see which conference Avsim puts their support forum under.ChasW

Bill,With all due respect, when you said:"I advise you not to give any support to RCS and do not download their pirated product. Honorable men will want to steer as fas away from RCS as possible when the stuff hits the fan a a couple days."Are you serious?Such hyperbole is what should not be allowed here. You have no basis to advise me not to support or download a FREEWARE Product.I am FREE to support whomever I please, and Download whatever I like.The repercussions. NONE.I downloaded it, and am flying it, and there is not one single thing you, your staff, or anyone else for that matter can do about it.Until you release any proof instead of veiled words, what you are doing is simply laying accusations with no legal basis or force of law.And if you have all this evidence, I suggest you seek an attorney at law and file your suit.It is for a court of law, and only a court of law to determine copyright infringement. And when you say this part:"trying to disguise the thefts and outright piracy of the MAAM-SIM B-25."Well, if there was a theft, call the attorney general's office in your state, or the police and have them open an investigation.So I will give my advice to anyone here who may be reading this.Download it all you like, and fly it all you want. When the evidence is released, then I can make the moral decision that I choose as can you, not some advise that someone here wants me or you to do.UNTIL A COURT OF LAW STATES THIS FREEWARE PRODUCT IS ILLEGAL, IMHO, you can do what you like.It really makes me wonder.And if a court determines this product is illegal, maybe then I will not use it.Here is the Copyright Code of The United States of America:http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.htmlWhen you do release this evidence, I do hope you tell us exactly which section of the code was broken.I also hope you tell us which statute he broke with regard to Theft as well in the state where this alleged crime has occured.I look forward to following this court case with great interest as you file it.Well, I'm off to take some screenshots of her and post them in the Screenshot forum. Have a day,JoePS - Bill, you may want to review this thread as well. I found it interesting. 700 x 100 15.3kb worth. vs. 400 x 60 10k.http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=73301&page=Politics, Religion, World & Current Events Forumhttp://pub207.ezboard.com/bpoliticsgivemel...tyorgivemedeath

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest SoarPics

Never thought I'd say this... but I have to agree with Joe.This conflict was predictable given the animosity of the parties involved and their recent history. But I would advice both parties to remove themselves from discussions such as this. Nothing will be gained by casting aspersions BEFORE the facts (whatever they may be) are revealed.Let the facts speak for themselves.Finally, a word to AVSIM. Your investigation will not be seen as impartial. Though you clearly must establish the facts for your own well being, the fact that you have deep ties to one of the parties will not serve your credibilty in this matter. A neutral third party needs to be involved. Perhaps this will indeed require a civil action (or possibly even a criminal investigation... though this would be surprising). Just don't be surprised if some folks take the results of your investigation with more than a little cynasism.Regards to all,

We are fully aware of our perceived impartiality. Anyone who visits the AVSIM Store can plainly see a relationship, and we are certainly not trying to hide it. And, who said we were going to do an investigation anyway? I am not sure that there is anything to investigate.Anyway, as this thread is now closed. When MAAM has made its statement and Roy has had an opportunity to respond (if he responds), then the story will be fully in public view and folks can judge for themselves. Until then, we'll shut this thread down and keep further speculation at bay, hopefully.