Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Disappearing textures? Possible solution.

I apologise in advance if this turns out to be another of my false dawns, but I THINK I may finally have found a solution to the disappearing textures and eventual RAM depletion which has plagued the PMDG MD-11X and 747X on my installation. In case it works for other people too:Try this:1. Uninstall Acceleration.2. Install FSX SP1.3. Run FSX and load a flight. Then exit.4. Install FSX SP2.5. You're done.I know that there shouldn't be a difference between Acceleration and SP2 - but it seems that there is a difference. Further proof of a difference between them is that the Level-D 767X won't start up properly from cold and dark with Acceleration (you have to start the engines twice), but with SP2 it's fine.Tim

Tim,I'm glad to hear your method solved your problem. However, It just has to be something else. I would be more inlclined to think that your reinstall corrected some other issues. I run the PMDG MD-11, PMDG 747, Level-D 767 all with Acceleration installed and I have absolutely no issues with graphic corruption of the PMDG Planes and I have no issues with starting the Level-D 767 from Cold and Dark.Just curious if you have you tried to....1. Uninstall SP22. Run FSX3. Uninstall SP14. Run FSX5. Install Accelerationin order to test your solution and see if the problems reappear?Regards,Bob Modrowski

Tim,I'm glad to hear your method solved your problem. However, It just has to be something else. I would be more inlclined to think that your reinstall corrected some other issues. I run the PMDG MD-11, PMDG 747, Level-D 767 all with Acceleration installed and I have absolutely no issues with graphic corruption of the PMDG Planes and I have no issues with starting the Level-D 767 from Cold and Dark.Just curious if you have you tried to....1. Uninstall SP22. Run FSX3. Uninstall SP14. Run FSX5. Install Accelerationin order to test your solution and see if the problems reappear?Regards,Bob Modrowski
If you can start the LDS 767X from cold and dark in Acceleration without the engines spooling up then spooling down again on the first ignition attempt, then I think you're in a minority! This is a quotation from the Level-D FAQ page:"ACCELERATION: I am running FSX-Acceleration and my engines won't start. Why?This is a known issue. A fix for this will be completed once the 757 is released. The workaround is to complete the engine start sequence TWICE."What I call the "disappearing textures" obviously don't affect everyone. They seem most likely to hit when you use PMDG models to land in airports of high graphical density like Aerosoft's Heathrow or Frankfurt, especially in bad weather (lots of cloud textures etc) and it's possible that UTX also adds to the risk of problems. There was a lot of discussion about this a few months ago. The consensus, I think, was that it had something to do with how the sim handles memory. But nobody could track down a solution and I think people just gave up and turned down their settings (which works for some people) or lived with it. Also, I think people have been describing slightly different things. For some people, it was a simple memory shortage problem: the application would ultimately just crash to the desktop. The symptoms in my case, and that of other people, are different: they vary from occasion to occasion, but typically the skins of visible aircraft disappear, then airport buildings, then everything except the ground texture, then everything. Usually the sim seems to stay "running": you can hear the sounds and there seems to be a response to operating the controls. Usually, you can still access the menus to make an orderly exit to the start screen, where the preview screen (rotating aircraft) is blacked out. In my case, only re-starting the sim will reset the problem under Acceleration.The switch to SP2 has cured all that, so I'm sticking with it. You could of course be right about SP2 fixing something just by the act of reinstalling. But given the number of other solutions I've tried - including complete re-formats and reinstallations, of the operating system as well as the application - I doubt it. And anyway, I'm afraid I'm not going to experiment any more now that I've finally got the thing to work properly.Tim

yea i had the disappearing textures as well i i did was uninstall sp2 and did an reinstall of sp2 but was for an different payware aircaft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg