Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudfreak

MD11 enginesound in 2D panel frontview (FSX)

Guest cloudfreak

Hi,after installing the last update PMDG MD-11X v1.20.0055 i don't hear the enginesound in the normal 2D-panelview,only if i look left or right i do hear a little bit.also i don't hear any engine startup sound in the 2D-panelviewi have uninstalled the hole MD11 from HD then used the EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE to get the Software in one part but all the same !?!any ideashas someone the same problem?regardJ

Guest danxx5
Hi,after installing the last update PMDG MD-11X v1.20.0055 i don't hear the enginesound in the normal 2D-panelview,only if i look left or right i do hear a little bit.also i don't hear any engine startup sound in the 2D-panelviewi have uninstalled the hole MD11 from HD then used the EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE to get the Software in one part but all the same !?!any ideashas someone the same problem?regardJ

Guest cloudfreak
Im getting exactly the same thing ! trying to find a way to incease the outside engine sound in 2D Panel. Maybe in the aircraft config ? panel config ? still looking !! let ya know if I find something or even better someone may know how !! Cheers
would also be nice to hear something from Mr.Armen L Cholakian if it is intended so!regardsJ

Hmmm,Im scratching my head ... I can't explain this one! Nothing has been changed with the FSX version sounds.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest cloudfreak
Hmmm,Im scratching my head ... I can't explain this one! Nothing has been changed with the FSX version sounds.
have uninstalled the PMDG MD-11X for a second attemptin the following sequence1.PMDG MD-11X Add-On Liveries deleted via software/uninstall2.PMDG MD-11X deleted via software/uninstall3.deleted the PMDG-folder in FSX-mainfolder4.deleted the "PMDG_MD11-folder" and "PMDG_MD11F-folder" in FSX/Simobjects 5.running Registry Mechanic from PC-Tools what i have to do further to get a clean reinstallregardsJ

Guest danxx5

G'day Armen Thanks for the reply Just let me clarify my situation ! OK ready for take off , I can hear all the cockpit noise that one should be hearing ie packs , switches , flap levers . as I apply the throttles I get no real engine noise at all . Lots of ground roll noise and even as I abort the T/O and apply reverse still no real noise . Spot view sounds great , with lots of noise . I think there maybe a little sound underlying but its hard to tell and it really would be nice to hear the engines spool up from the cockpit . Have never been inside a MD11 in real life , so not sure as to how much engine noise I should be hearing. I have to say that I really like the 2D cockpit sound of your early PMDG 747/4 F as you pushed the throttles forward. Is there a way to tweak the volume levels of these sounds or are the set a different levels when they are made ? Besides this little issue of sound , I am a real world charter pilot and enjoy my flightsim and have for many years , and have to say the PMDG MD11 is truley the BEST aircraft software on the market that I have ever seen. Well done

CloudFreak: In 'C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft' delete the FSX folder. This is for XP don't know what it is for vista.

Nathan

Guest cloudfreak
G'day Armen Thanks for the reply Just let me clarify my situation ! OK ready for take off , I can hear all the cockpit noise that one should be hearing ie packs , switches , flap levers . as I apply the throttles I get no real engine noise at all . Lots of ground roll noise and even as I abort the T/O and apply reverse still no real noise . Spot view sounds great , with lots of noise . I think there maybe a little sound underlying but its hard to tell and it really would be nice to hear the engines spool up from the cockpit . Have never been inside a MD11 in real life , so not sure as to how much engine noise I should be hearing. I have to say that I really like the 2D cockpit sound of your early PMDG 747/4 F as you pushed the throttles forward. Is there a way to tweak the volume levels of these sounds or are the set a different levels when they are made ? Besides this little issue of sound , I am a real world charter pilot and enjoy my flightsim and have for many years , and have to say the PMDG MD11 is truley the BEST aircraft software on the market that I have ever seen. Well done
Hallo danxx5,that is exactly the same problem what i have ! J

I do all my takeoffs with the 2d panel and i can hear the engine sounds as expected based on the Martinair video. You can try to increase the engine sound in FSX sound setting or edit the sounds using audacity to increase the sound level, but i wouldn't as the sounds are perfect!

Nathan

Guest cloudfreak
I do all my takeoffs with the 2d panel and i can hear the engine sounds as expected based on the Martinair video. You can try to increase the engine sound in FSX sound setting or edit the sounds using audacity to increase the sound level, but i wouldn't as the sounds are perfect!
Hallo Nathanenginesound is set to 50%, that must be enough and edit the sound is not the right way i thinkregardsJ

I've read from MD11 pilots that the engine sounds are barely noticed in the cockpit, just my two cents.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest cloudfreak
I've read from MD11 pilots that the engine sounds are barely noticed in the cockpit, just my two cents.
hallo Danwhen nothing has changed with the FSX version sounds then it should sound like before the updateregardsJ

Guest cloudfreak
Hallo danxx5 ,do you have found a solution for the soundproblem already?regardJ

Guest ghostrider185th

Any news on this issue? Caus i got the same or at least similar problem.When i increase the thrust idont hear the engines running up when i am in the pit. from outside i hear them howling up and i hear that, very faint, in the pit inside as well. but at my friends pc u can hear it very well howling. i use my onboard realtek sound and the usb sennheiser heqdset as well, no difference. also same problem had 2 weeks ago when i had an older motherboard. the noise level inside the pit gets even LOWER during takeoff.Any ideas are welcome!ghostrider