Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant1981

Fuel Planner

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is there a good fuel planner for the 757?
It wouldn't make a difference, with the fuel characteristics of the CS 757 you can fly for over 15 hours anyway... Not to mention you would land with fuel in the center tanks and your wings empty which makes for a very interesting configuration...In all seriousness, I use the built in tables in FSBuild or the PSS fuel planner.-Paul

It wouldn't make a difference, with the fuel characteristics of the CS 757 you can fly for over 15 hours anyway... Not to mention you would land with fuel in the center tanks and your wings empty which makes for a very interesting configuration...In all seriousness, I use the built in tables in FSBuild or the PSS fuel planner.-Paul
I'll have to test that out. At the moment, the only flight I've done was with fuel in the wings and centre was empty. I assume you have unlimited fuel unticked.

I'll have to test that out. At the moment, the only flight I've done was with fuel in the wings and centre was empty. I assume you have unlimited fuel unticked.
Yep, when flying this bird I have to make sure unlimited fuel is checked. You can also see the burn rates by doing one long haul. You will be absolutely appalled. Seriously, you can fly from KEWR-EGCC on like 10k lbs of fuel LOL.I had to change the Scalar to like 1.4 to get anywhere close to realistic burn rates but then you will burn out your wing tanks first... I think the reason they left the fuel burn so low is because the tank logic is so FUBAR...Cheers, -Paul

Yep, when flying this bird I have to make sure unlimited fuel is checked. You can also see the burn rates by doing one long haul. You will be absolutely appalled. Seriously, you can fly from KEWR-EGCC on like 10k lbs of fuel LOL.I had to change the Scalar to like 1.4 to get anywhere close to realistic burn rates but then you will burn out your wing tanks first... I think the reason they left the fuel burn so low is because the tank logic is so FUBAR...Cheers, -Paul
I wonder if this has been corrected in recent downloads of CS757? I've found a fuel planner on FSC for it, so I'll have to wait until I get the time to do a long trip to see if my centre tanks don't run last, and the burn rate.

I wonder if this has been corrected in recent downloads of CS757? I've found a fuel planner on FSC for it, so I'll have to wait until I get the time to do a long trip to see if my centre tanks don't run last, and the burn rate.
Unfortunately, It was not resolved in the latest versions, the wing tanks burning out on long flights is coded incorrectly into the gauges... The Scalar might have been modified in the latest patch, I am not sure but regardless the burn logic of wings first then center is all wrong and has been since day 1. Also, load her up 100% and set a VNAV of like 380. It is amazing how she will get there in like 11 minutes fully loaded LOL...Unfortunately, the CS 757 is nothing more than a pig in a pretty dress ;)Cheers,-Paul