Purchased ASX about two months ago and have yet to sucessfully use the program in FSX. I use Level D 767 almost exclusively in FSX.First problem noted was after FSX/Level D loaded after being launched from ASX, computer would hard lock after any of Level D's panel screens (FMS, Overhead, Throttle Quad) or instrument functions (airspeed indicator click spots). Computer reset button activation was the only way to regain control of the computer. I also noticed some minor glitches in ASX's interface.I just installed ASX SP4 Build B1169. ASX interface glitches appear to be fixed, however, when FSX was launched from ASX and Level D aircraft selected, FSX ceased functiong as the "Active Sky X loading" begin moving accross the green text bar. FSX then crashed to desktop.Thus far, my experience with ASX has been fustrating to say the least. Not one sucessful use of the program. I reverted back to using FSX's Jeppesen weather interface. However, I have suspicision that Microsoft has terminated it's contract with Jeppesen since the weather I'm receiving from Jeppesen does not match current conditions and appears to be very old (another victim of Microsoft's decision to abandon the FS franchise, perhaps?)I was very much looking to ASX as being the weather interface solution that provides the realistic weather to match the excellent add-on program that I have (Level D, Coolsky MD80/MD80 Pro, etc). So far the ASX experience has been disappointing.Is there some particular reason why ASX is not working with Level D? Too many panels in the panel file perhaps? No, I haven't tried with another aircraft model and I should do that. However, I must also ask what's the point because I bought ASX to work with the advanced add-on models, not the default FSX models. Suggestions, comments, fixes are greatly appreciated. ASX looks like a wonderful program. I would just like to get it to run once!Computer:P4 3.01 GHz2GB Vista 32 BitFSX with all the service packsThanks!Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Hi,Sorry for the problem.Any error messages from FSX?Try starting FSX from it's own icon and see if that makes a difference.Please let us know.Thanks,

Hi,Sorry for the problem.Any error messages from FSX?Try starting FSX from it's own icon and see if that makes a difference.Please let us know.Thanks,
Jim, Thank you for the reply. There were no FSX messages aside from the standard Vista message about program having to close and Microsoft trying to find answer. It never seemed to find answer and that little circle do-thingy kept spinning (like the mouse on the spinning wheel). I usually close those messages. Is there someplace else I can look to find the error which triggered the shutdown? I can post that information if needed.I'll try a start through FSX icon and see if that makes a difference. I will also try a FSX default airplane and let you know the results.Thanks again!Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Hello Jim,It appears that when I start FSX from its icon, per your suggestion, that no lockups occur and ASX functions normally. I am able to load both FSX default aircraft and Level D. No lock up occurances with Level D, so perhaps that problem is solved as wellI've checked the weather at various stations within FSX and it matches with what is being reported in the ASX window. Please allow me a bit of time play with FSX and verify that things are in fact working correctly. I am still learning the program.I'll keep seeing if I can isolate one particular thing or two that I was doing to cause the lock up problem and report back any findings.Thanks once again for your assistance. ASX looks like a winner!Best regardsRich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS