Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Still autobrakes and G/S logic problems

Guest Alias

HI,I'm using FSX and patched the MD11 with the latest SP. Before that I had problems with autobrakes but only sometimes, now I have performed at least 20 landings but autobrakes don't even work for a second. :( I have tried different brakes configurations, with FSUIPC, without FSUIPC, null zone at max at min...nothing. I still have to try the FS9 version. Even the G/S logic is still strange. 8 landings out of 10 were fine, but still have 2 of them where the bird climbs like a rocket to catch the G/S.Anyone having the same?EDIT: the FS9 version doesn't have autobrakes problems.

Hi,I also have problems with the autobrakes. It appeared after the update (MD11X version).Worked fine before, maybe got something to do with my Saitek gear after all.Think I'll uninstall the update for now! :( Mattias NordinESOW

Hi,I also have problems with the autobrakes. It appeared after the update (MD11X version).Worked fine before, maybe got something to do with my Saitek gear after all.Think I'll uninstall the update for now! :( Mattias NordinESOW
I am having the same problem after installing the update, except my brakes completely lock down and I can't get them released.I want to uninstall the update, but cannot find a uninstall exe.Not in add/remove programs.I tried using the installer exe to get the option to uninstall the update, however, no option to do so is givenCan you tell me where to find the uninstall for the update without having to reinstall the hole program?Thanks

ok FS9 version for me:Autobrakes, Spoilers and reversers (i have reverser axis) deploy perfectly everytime! Thank you PMDG!The only way that I am able to recreate the climb to capture G/S problem was thisfor an ILS runway 12Aircraft heading 070* and HOLD 4000 for the intercept but im at a distance where i only receive the LOC signal before the G/S.I then engage APPR/LAND.Aircraft Captures LOC (G/S signal not yet received)I then reset the FCP altitude to missed approach altitude (i usually do so at G/S capture)THENG/S Signal is received and aircraft climbs to interceptI dont experience that problem if i dont reset the FCP altitude before G/S capture or when i use LOC ONLY, or when i just wait until the aircraft first receive the G/S signal before pressing APPR/LND. My mind is tingling on the whole idea of pressing APPR/LND before receiving the G/S signal may be the cause but what do i know....Dont know if that will help the PMDG guys to narrow down on it.EDIT: BTW did you guys change the Gear retract/extend sound?

Guest JaredA

I see the same thing with the G/S logic, though I was out of the G/S signals range for only a min or so, but it still climbed up into it after receiving the signal, haven't seen the other problems mentioned, using FS9 version. my approach setup as per controllers directions. 23L at KLCK 220 heading off of the APE VORTAC to intercept at APE G/S was not being received flew in a mile or so aircraft started to receive the signalPressed the APPR/LND button autopilot captured the loc and climbed into the slope. 3,000 was maintained through the turn and initial capture of the loc. Hope PMDG can fix this problem.

Bryan, thanks - we're looking into it. I just had it happen myself not more than 10 minutes ago under similar conditions. What airport/approach was this? I'm trying to get it to consistently reproduce in a way that we can see what's happening in the debuggers...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest manniko
Yep, autobrake problem remains.-Alex
Same here. Running the update on FSX. Autobrake mostly not activating. Mostly problems to catch the G/S - often the G/S is running thru without locking. Before I activated the APPR/Land just when the LOC was starting to move and it worked fine. Now no more. Among 10 automatic ILS approaches more than 50% ended in GA. I guess I will kill the update and will use the MD-11 without it. The only advantage of the update is the better starting behavior of the plane. Manfred H. Kohl ( Riyadh OERK)

I see the same thing with the G/S logic, though I was out of the G/S signals range for only a min or so, but it still climbed up into it after receiving the signal, haven't seen the other problems mentioned, using FS9 version. my approach setup as per controllers directions. 23L at KLCK 220 heading off of the APE VORTAC to intercept at APE G/S was not being received flew in a mile or so aircraft started to receive the signalPressed the APPR/LND button autopilot captured the loc and climbed into the slope. 3,000 was maintained through the turn and initial capture of the loc. Hope PMDG can fix this problem.
Jared, what altitude/speed were you at when crossing APE? 3,000, or was that later? And you waited until the aircraft was receiving both the G/S and the LOC signals to press the APPR/LAND button? Were you stable at a speed/altitude right before the aircraft started to climb?Just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Hi Perry,Have you tried reversing your brake axis? That's what I had to do with the Saitek pedals, or else I'd get a brake lock up.Don't know the best way to uninstall, anyone else? Reinstall the whole deal?Mattias NordinESOW

Guest Totalbeginner

I really don't understand why so many of you are still having autobrake problems???The update has removed the flight-idle setting below 50ft, so provided you move your throttle to idle before touch-down, everything should work fine. I'm getting a 100% success with spoilers and ABS as opposed to 0, prior to the update. Turn on F/O callouts as a test. Do you hear "spoilers not deployed"? Is it only a problem during an autoland or manual approach?Regards,Martin Neep

I really don't understand why so many of you are still having autobrake problems???
You don't mention which version of the sim you are running ... Looks like it is an FSX issue.Tom

Guest Alias
I really don't understand why so many of you are still having autobrake problems???
Because they're there.
The update has removed the flight-idle setting below 50ft, so provided you move your throttle to idle before touch-down, everything should work fine. I'm getting a 100% success with spoilers and ABS as opposed to 0, prior to the update. Turn on F/O callouts as a test. Do you hear "spoilers not deployed"? Is it only a problem during an autoland or manual approach?
I don't hear any F/O callout, but spoilers deploy. It happens with both Autoland and manual land. The curious thing is that, before latest patch, it used to work better..not perfectly, but better.

Guest JaredA

Mike, You heard right, 3,000 was held and as far as I remember about 180 knots was maintained as well. Yes I did, I first went to Nav while the slope was not being received then when I got it I went to APPR/LND thats when it captured the loc and climbed to the slope. Yes I was stable.

Hi Perry,Have you tried reversing your brake axis? That's what I had to do with the Saitek pedals, or else I'd get a brake lock up.Don't know the best way to uninstall, anyone else? Reinstall the whole deal?Mattias NordinESOW
I appreciate your response.I only use a button mapped on my yoke (CH Flight Sim) for brakes.Prior to the update I never had a problem with the brakes, they would release once reversers and autopilot was disengaged.This time after update, I disengaged reversers, autopilot, and switched the autobrake to off and the brakes remained locked up.I plan to uninstall everything and reinstall the program the the first update that was released prior to the recent update and see if the problem goes away.I will let everyone know what I can find in the next few days due to my work schedule.Thanks