Hi GuysLike the title says, had this problem on ASX, but an update corrected the faults, upgraded to ASA last week, now the old problems are back, I see from the varied posts that this is a known fault. :( Problem 1: FL340 temp -19c (works great) 2nm later +48c aircraft plummets towards earth 17000 ft a min, :( :( Problem 2: FL340 wind, new area/download of weather, wind moves from 210 to 270 degrees and back continuously, wind speed 10 to 95 also continuous again plane uncontrollable and this time overturned. Any news on patches or updates for ASA, I will go back to ASX for now until you guys update.My systemPMDG 744x, FSX SP 1,2 FSX accelerator, Squawk box 4, ASX (replaced by ASA) Had all been running fine until ASA. I am also getting a C++ error from squawk box since installing ASA, assertion error, could this be ASA related ???Rgds Paul Harvey

Hi Paul,Sorry for the problems.Are you running B394 of ASA? The purchased Build is 314. Many of these things have been worked on.We really don't interact with SB4 so I can't speak on that error.Thanks!

Hi Paul,Sorry for the problems.Are you running B394 of ASA? The purchased Build is 314. Many of these things have been worked on.We really don't interact with SB4 so I can't speak on that error.Thanks!
HiYeah its out of date I am running 316 build, phew!!! I looked on the hifi website but cant find B394? I take its the link above with the sticky on it for DownloadMany thanks for the quick reply as normal from you guysRgdsPaul

Well same problem, I have the update, but the temps are still -19 then -29, any idea's ??RgdsPaul

Guest abulaafia

Another loyal user reporting re latest beta: windshifts much better, encountered none since release, but temps are still wrong. Had +48C at FL380 over VHHH and lets just say it would have cost me my license in real life. :)

Another loyal user reporting re latest beta: windshifts much better, encountered none since release, but temps are still wrong. Had +48C at FL380 over VHHH and lets just say it would have cost me my license in real life. :)
HAHA, yep just had that a while ago too, FL340 -29 +20, but have turned off some settings in FSUIPC and so far so good, but along way to go yet.

Me againOk, flew from HECA to EGLL, had atleast 5 occasions where the plane was over the bank limit due to wind, wind was fairly stable but it has really had a bad effect on my PMDG 744x. I tried various settings as suggested, i.e. turning stuff in FSUIPC on/off, and adjusting the settings in ASA. The WCM mode seemed to help alot, but didnt cure the problem.I got just over an hour of trouble free flight, then back came the wind problem and the 744x is chasing the navigation line on the ND, and I mean swaying from one side to the other.But the good news is temperatures stayed pretty good, no rapid descent apart from the knife edge turns, so thats a big step forward, just the wind element guys that need urgent attention.Since the update strangely SQB4 also worked 100% weird hey!!Can I provide you guys with any more information or logs from my machine please let me know I am happy to help and provide any info I may have.RgdsPaul Harvey

Hi All,The temperature issue has been reported to the team.Thanks,

Hi All,The temperature issue has been reported to the team.Thanks,
No need Jim, its fine the new build sorted it, its the wind thats the problemRgdsPaul

Guest ashwath
No need Jim, its fine the new build sorted it, its the wind thats the problemRgdsPaul
hi,well it might have been sorted out for u, depending upon ur FSX config right from scratch, but not for me or the majority of other users. i had +53c at FL200. can u believe tht? also paul, try flying using DWC, if u've not already. thats when the temp bug is the most obvious; not in the station based mode. in the station based mode, however, i got +23c at FL150 which i think is not possible even in an extremely hot region (also the METAR reported something in the minus at tht altitude). so this is definitely a bug tht has to be addressed along with so many other bugs. thx.reagrds,

Hi yes I have DWC on and so far the temp has stayed pretty good, its the wind thats really effecting my flight. F

As a side note, the assertion error is something that the team at SB knows about, and are apparently working on a fix. It has been noted that not using SB in module mode (as an application accessible within FS) has not caused these errors to appear. If you continue to use the module mode and get the errors, select IGNORE on the dialog box that appears and you should be OK.

As a side note, the assertion error is something that the team at SB knows about, and are apparently working on a fix. It has been noted that not using SB in module mode (as an application accessible within FS) has not caused these errors to appear. If you continue to use the module mode and get the errors, select IGNORE on the dialog box that appears and you should be OK.
you gota love soft and hardware :(

Hi JimJust wondering how things are coming along with ASA ?? I have REX and used the weather in that and it worked well, I also tried reverting back to ASX and now that has the same temp/wind problems as ASA. I like both ASX and ASA, but they are pretty unusable with my PMDG744x, I will continue to use Rex until ASA is sorted, sorry to hassle :( , but any info would be great.

Hi,We know the winds are due to the way those planes use our data. It will be up to both us and PMDG to continue to work on this issue.Thanks,