Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

FSG Landclass with Flight1 UTX

Hi,I just finished installing FSGs USA terrain mesh, Flight1s Ground Environment, and Ultimate Terrain into FSX. What a nice difference. My question has to do with combining Landclass from UTX and FSGenesis. Since UTX is landclass, is there any advantage to installing FSGs Landclass with it? There are instructions on how to layer them together, so there must be an advantage to using them together. Or now that I have UTX installed, does it make much difference in installing the FSG landclass or not? Thanks. Tom

Guest Nick_N
Hi,I just finished installing FSGs USA terrain mesh, Flight1s Ground Environment, and Ultimate Terrain into FSX. What a nice difference. My question has to do with combining Landclass from UTX and FSGenesis. Since UTX is landclass, is there any advantage to installing FSGs Landclass with it? There are instructions on how to layer them together, so there must be an advantage to using them together. Or now that I have UTX installed, does it make much difference in installing the FSG landclass or not? Thanks. Tom
everything you need to know.. right here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24965

I don't think UTX has Landclass.

Guest JimC1702
I don't think UTX has Landclass.
UTX-US has urban landclass. Rural landclass is default FSX. That's the reason for sandwiching the FSGenesis landclass as described. That way you take advantage of the UTX urban landclass and the FSGenesis landclass everwhere else. I believe UTX Europe contains more landclass than just urban.Jim

UTX-US has urban landclass. Rural landclass is default FSX. That's the reason for sandwiching the FSGenesis landclass as described. That way you take advantage of the UTX urban landclass and the FSGenesis landclass everwhere else. I believe UTX Europe contains more landclass than just urban.Jim
Jim is 99% correct, in that the UTX Europe product contains full land class for it's coverage area. No additional land class products are needed for the Europe package, though the way UTX is setup it easily allows the implementation of third-party products, if so desired.