Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy85

Why so many questions and so little help?

Guest Andy85

Please excuse my tone, I should probably be having a good walk before typing this to calm down a bit but I can't because I've wasted my whole evening battling when I shouldn't have to.There are several posts about users not being able to install add-on liveries from the PMDG site for at LEAST the 737, 747 and MD11, I should know I've read them yet STILL nobody has come up with an answer that is useful.WHY when people are paying (let's face it) a LOT of money for software is the support not provided? WHY if so many people are having issues has a fix or solution not been posted or at least WRITTEN about on the livery download page?Why when I go to download an MD11 livery for FS9 does it appear to install, no warnings just finishes happily then doesn't appear in the menu? WHY? Someone please answer me this because I know it is not just me that is having trouble. I don't mind if the problem is mine, but I need to know what is going wrong...Andy White Still tired and emotional

Speaking from personal experience I've NEVER had a problem installing any livery to pmdg products. (MD11/747/B1900)I assume those that do have Vista and have FS installed in the Program folder, in which case the livery needs to be run as administator to install properly.I have FS and a load more on another drive so have none of these problems.Or, perhaps, some have a 'dodgy' copy installed by some that causes issues.... Just guessingJohn Ellison

Guest Andy85

Hey John thanks for the reply.Yep you're right, Vista and tried installing as administrator but still no joy.I'm guessing, from what I've read, that people with pirated copies have had trouble downloading liveries. Fair enough nobody cares about them they should pay like the rest of us.My exasperation stems from that there are paying users out there, like me, who still are having trouble and an answer that doesn't involve a degree in computer science and programming doesn't appear to be forthcoming.You read bits and pieces about .cfg files and stuff but come on some of us REALLY don't know that much about software, myself included. So is a step by step explanation too much to ask for?Thanks again John, rant not aimed at youAndy W

but I need to know what is going wrong...Andy White Still tired and emotional
Frustrating isn't it if something doesn't work...Just take a deep breath of fresh air and give some more details about your system maybewe can help you a lot of knowledgeable users floating around here :-)What operating system are your running with which FS9 version?

André

Guest tebinu

im not a fsx guy (sorry but this will never work very well on my laptop) but i once tried to install fsx and one addon aircraft. there is a small checkbox labeled "show all variants" or something like this.. i guess you have that already checked but,... if not.. there is your solution. otherwise try to reboot your pc, check the aircraft.cfg and so on. if its like fs9, there should be something about the liverys included. like if you install a lufthansa livery, search for "lufthansa" in this aircraft.cfg.. dunno if its 100% correct what i am talking about but maybe, i could help you

Guest Andy85

I'm afraid I have to go to bed as working early tomorrow...It's Windows Vista, I bought the computer a year ago and it had Vista on it. It's a recently re-installed FS9 with the update installed to make it FS9.1? or.2 whichever the latest one is. I know because I couldn't get the MD11 to work and after the update it's fine.Just the liveries...They appear to install, I'm installing to C:Program Files/M....Games/...Fli....Sim.....9 which is the default location (.....'s to replace actual typing) I get the progress bar and everything it just doesn't appear to DO anything once it's finished.As I said I really have to go to sleep but will check back here tomorrow and will hopefully also be in a better mood....Thanks awf, same initials as me and deep breaths helping...Andy White

Guest 413X3

right click on the repaint installer exe and hit run as administrator

Andy,Have you contacted PMDG email support about this? Posting to this forum does not guarantee a solution, this is largely a place for customers to interact with one another - we chime in where we can, but strange issues like this are best handled through email support if you don't get a solution here.This sounds very much like a UAC/permissions issue in Vista to me though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Mower

The key to Vista is NOT to install it on the same drive pr partition as the OS or else Vista will be absolute witch.Create a new partition or, like any serious simmer/gamer, have a separate hard rive entirely.

No, you just have to understand how Vista works with its UAC and limited user account features... it's not XP and will behave strangely if you don't understand the logic behind what it does.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

go ryan maziarz seems like ur the only one on the forums babysitting us all lol so funny where's captain Rando where's the j41 ey why my posts deleted? they where simple questions Andy85 mate get used to itAndyDoes anyone understand this foreign language?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

why is there nothing on pmdg forums re the j41 captain rando said the forums are here to inform us on future products so glad jf41 got leaked i guess there still wiping the eggs of there face ahahahAndy
Pest

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

why am i a pest
because you write in pigeon English ... go back to play in your sand box, a place for someone with your intellect :(

Just a thought as well.... make sure NORMAL cockpit is in the load manager before installing a new texture.I believe it says that in the documentation, could be wrong.John Ellison

because you write in pigeon English ... go back to play in your sand box, a place for someone with your intellect :(
Pest or not Michael, please refrain from personal insults such as that. They don't belong here. As far as I'm awhere, there's no English Qualifications required for forum membership.Best regards