Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy85

Why so many questions and so little help?

Pest or not Michael, please refrain from personal insults such as that. They don't belong here. As far as I'm awhere, there's no English Qualifications required for forum membership.Best regards
I agree with Phil... and Michael - it's pidgin, not pigeon.

Hey just a thought, do you have the tick, ticked in FSX show all variants ??? for the model you have downloaded???I have done that before :(RgdsPaul Harvey

Hey just a thought, do you have the tick, ticked in FSX show all variants ??? for the model you have downloaded???I have done that before :(RgdsPaul Harvey
I'm sure the problem will be a read/write permission. It happend to me frequently when I was using Vista. It's one of the many reasons I returned to XP for my FSX installation.Sorry I can't help with a solution - I just got rid of Vista :(

Really, I was surprised with Vista and am reminded of it every day in the office where we still have XP.I solved the UAC issue by turning it off... find Vista help and search for UAC. Follow the instructions and turn the darn thing off.. no more pesky big-mother dialog boxes asking your permissions for every event. This is not recommended for computers used by spouses and teenagers unless they are careful with their downloads and sites visited. In my household they have their own laptops.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Mower

I am not so sure that the UAC is a bad thing.I have been around home computing since the Commodore PET/TRS80.The UAC will prevent maleware from running or installing that otherwise might slip past.I leave it on but make sure that any proggies or apps or games I install are somewhere else besdies the OS HDD ( I have 5 HDDs).

Probably a silly statement but if downloading a livery, make sure it's for the right version of FS. Don't know if it chaecks, but will sure go wrong if not the right one.John E

Guest Andy85

To all of you who replied, my sincerest thanks.My attitude yesterday was not one that lent itself to be deserving of help. Alas, I was merely tired and frustrated.DownsccYou appear to have, in one post, sorted my entire problems out. MD11 and 747 liveries installed as if by magic... If I could buy you a drink I really would, consider yourself severely thanked, hearty slap on the back and I hope the sun shines upon your head and your wallet is forever full of crisp, shiny notes. You are a legend.Again to those who replied my heartfelt thanks, I had sent an email to PMDG, to which I am still awaiting a response. 3 days and counting...Now, to anyone who has issues installing liveries (as long as you are not a pirating scumfelch)DISABLE UAC (User Account Control) from the Help and Support option in the start menu. If this doesn't work you'll have to try something else obviously but it worked for me.CheersAndy White

Again to those who replied my heartfelt thanks, I had sent an email to PMDG, to which I am still awaiting a response. 3 days and counting...
Since today is Monday, "3 days and counting" would include the entire weekend, a time during which most human beings in the developed world don't carry on business. That being said, there is no email in our support cue from you. When you send an email to PMDG support, you should immediately receive an automated response. If you do not, it is likely that your email is not getting to us. I would suggest trying to send your email from a different email account. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Andy85

You know Vin I was really just having a bad day yesterday. I downloaded the 'combo' version of the MD11 rather than just the FS9 version, as I don't even have FSX so spent more than I needed to. My own silly fault obviously I was all excited...Then I couldn't get it to work and it was getting a bit silly, not so much that it wouldn't work but more that I couldn't find any decent supply of possible solutions.Granted your comments about the weekend are spot on, as an airport shift worker myself days of the week tend to be a bit defunct so forgive me if my comments were out of line. Like I said, a bad day...However everything seems to be working and even paying more than I needed to hasn't left too bad a taste in my mouth when I see it was all finally worth it in the end.Back to the email, I did receive an automated reply, although the support request email was referring to the actual download and install of the MD11 itself, not the liveries in case that has confused matters. I may even have cheekily sent that email ON the weekend itself :( Again, nothing personal, just a bad day... CheersAndy

Since today is Monday, "3 days and counting" would include the entire weekend, a time during which most human beings in the developed world don't carry on business.
Wow. Wish I live in the same developed world as you.Cheers from the wild frontiers of Australia, Chris D

Guest Mower

Advanced MD-11 tutorial please.