Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mendota

Strange Vertical Graphics Artifacts

Guest Mendota

Seems like when I am on final, the scenery will shoot up into infinitely tall filaments, so that it is like being surrounded by a cane forest painted the color of buildings.Any thoughts about this graphic weirdness? It is very unsettling to have an acid flashback on final approach.

Guest jshyluk
Seems like when I am on final, the scenery will shoot up into infinitely tall filaments, so that it is like being surrounded by a cane forest painted the color of buildings.Any thoughts about this graphic weirdness? It is very unsettling to have an acid flashback on final approach.
That problem sounds typical of using an older driver on your video card. If you have not done so, consider upgrading your drivers. If the problem persists, please post back with your computer specifications and DXDIAG file.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

You most likely have a slider set too high for your hardware, or as someone else pointed out, a "BUFFERPOOLS" value that is set too high. I see this when my video card gets overloaded or my system can't keep up with the textureloading. Happens around dense airports or sometimes when I am flying in OZ using myORBx scenery and have the wrong settings in my fsx.CFG file for that scenery.It is not caused by installing SP2, per se. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

It is not caused by installing SP2, per se.
Well - who knows what reality really is. All I know from personal experience, is that if I hit my head against the wall it hurts my head. When I stop hitting my head against the wall, the pain goes away! The same thing happens with my installation of FSx - with SP2 installed, I get these vertical graphical anomolies regardless of where my sliders are placed - when I uninstall SP2, I can place my sliders anywhere and do not get them.Barry

It really is a short and simple one.... as mentioned above, an overloaded video card.

You can try turning on Vertical Sync.