Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.Franco Corrias

selecting Engines to activate the reverse

hi,at landing after an engine failure I try to activate only the symmetric engine reverses but pushing the E key and the desired engine numbers I have activated always the engine reverse #1 only.Maybe there's somebody who knows the correct procedure to operate at landing after an engine failure during flight only the symmetric engine reverses?Thanks.Gianfranco

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Depending on which engine you want to select, I think that what you do is to hold down the E and the add the engines that you want to select, i.e if you want #1 and #4 you would hold E and then 1, 4 ( no comma). Similarly any other combination as needed. Be aware that this procedure will also affect the throttles so you want to be certain that the throttles are fully closed before the key combination is used; otherwise you might not be able to close them all and I think that would probably prevent reverse from engaging.Best Regards, Gianfranco,Ed

hi Ed,what you are suggesting it's exacly what I'm doing with the following result:all combination I'm trying, always only the Engine#1 goes to reverse thrust and after that only the engine#1 remains selected, both in reverse and positive thrust, and it's not possible to exit from this situation.Regards Gianfranco

Hi,thanks for your replays and following your suggestions I'm planning to try tomorrow the Rob Barendregt gauge.But in the meantime I've tryied the E key flying the default B747-400 and I discovered that with this plane the E key works great.You can select flying this aicraft all engines you like and all engine selections go always properly.WHY???Thanks again Gianfranco

It may have something to do with the fact that the -400 is a default A/C. Try one of your other add-ons and see what happens.

ED, all other aircrafts I've tryied have the same problem.The Rob Barendregt SELECTCORRECT.gau fixes the problem.But this problem still remain a mistery and until now I'm not able to understand it.Cheers Gianfranco

If ALL of your other aircraft do this, I would have to conclude that this is really a FS installation issue of some sort. I remember seeing any number of similar posts about FS key assignment commands not working or not working reliably, so it may well just be one of those glitiches that FS does on an individual basis. Only way to carry it further that I can think of would be to do a re-install of FS, and I certainly wouldn't think that it would be worth doing that.Long winded way to say, " you're probably better off not to worry about it ", isn't it?!Best regards, Ed

my FS9 installation is new.I made two weeks ago a windows upgrade from windows 2000Pro to windows 7 and the same E key issue has been shown within both operational systems.Finally I can affirm that I experienced with all planes,ADD-ON or DEFAULT,but B747-400 DEFAULT,the E key, to select engines, issue.Why?I don't know.Anyway I fixed this issue with the Rob Barendregt file rcbse_10 ( SELECTCORRECT .xml gauge).Regards Gianfranco