Sign in to follow this  
majid

Taxi lights in FSX

Unfortunately, that only affects the "blob of light" that appears at the location of the .fx file...It does not affect the "ground splash" of the taxi light beam which is a function of the attachpoint in the .mdl file... :(There are three entries in the exterior .mdl file, the first of which controls the visibility of the fx_landing.fx file, which is the one that produces the "ground splash."LIGHT LANDING#bool VISCLUnfortunately, even trying to edit the .mdl with a hex editor to change the nosegear's entry to LIGHT TAXI will not work, because the words "LANDING" and "TAXI" are not the same number of characters......and FSX will simply choke, vomit and lock up if you try to display or load the edited .mdl file.The problem is that the XML script to control "Taxi Lights" was not added to the modeldef.xml file until the SP2/Acceleration SDK, so it was not available when the B737_800.mdll file was compiled:

<PartInfo>	<Name>light_taxi_vis</Name>	<Visibility>	  <Parameter>		<Sim>		  <Variable>LIGHT TAXI</Variable>		  <Units>bool</Units>		</Sim>	  </Parameter>	</Visibility>  </PartInfo>

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello guys..Many thanks chuck your lights code works on B737 and CRJ but not work on B747.. any way, Thank you very very much my friend, and thank you n4gix for this useful reply, you are right this taxi lights Did not have any effect (illuminate) on the ground; now I have a question: How and where I can use this code or is this useful at all ??

and thank you n4gix for this useful reply, you are right this taxi lights Did not have any effect (illuminate) on the ground; now I have a question: How and where I can use this code or is this useful at all ??
The XML script I posted is completely useless to anyone at all, unless they are building their own model in Max or GMax, and even then if they are using the FSX SDK2 they will already have this script in their copy of modeldef.xml... :( I only posted it for illustration... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator