Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Simflyers new Las Vegas

Well, it's quite spectacular. It's their first G-Max scenery. When I'm in the scenery the frames on my P4 2.4 are very smooth. However, flying into the scenery there are some big pauses while the scenery loads its massive amount of files. Hopefully, Simflyers can "tweak" that in an upgrade. Anyway, I highly recommend the scenery.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Lee,Are you or anyone else, seeing the same pronounced 'ridge' surrounding three sides of the airport?I'm wondering if it has anyone to do with FS Genesis scenery. I have it all installed.klas.jpg

Guest Milamber

I don't have SimFlyer's product but the effect you are seeing is because of an addon mesh, either from the SimFlyer's Las Vegas Intl Scenery or some other mesh you installed for the area. This is a known bug (or feature?) of MSFS in that the airports must be exactly flat. So when you add realistic elevation maps, MSFS compensates by placing the airport either on a plataeu or in a depression. Nothing that can be done that I know of except to disable the mesh for that area.

I did not notice that ridgeflying in, so it is not the Simflyers scenery that does that.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest frankcubillos

I have the same ridge and I use FSGenesis as well. Guess we should email Justin and let him know.---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize FSGateway/ProjectAI sig banner here

I have this when I turn the default MS mesh up high.It's not a bug in the scenery itself. It has to do with the mesh fileJohnP4 2.53Ghz, ASUS P4S8X Mobo, 512Mb Ram PC2700, G4 MX 440 AGP, SB Live, Win98SE, (2) 80GM Maxtor 7200 RPM drives.

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest Milamber

There is nothing he can do about it. It's a limitation with the sim itself.

I took a look at the topo and default scenery in the area of the screen shot. The actual altitude is about 2000 ft. The default airport is at 2181 ft. The gradient runs NE (low) to SW (high) the screenshot is NE of the airport, at a lower area. The real life airport runs from a low of 2042 at the east end rwy 25 to about 2170 where the two runways intersect at the SW corner. It appears, from slewing around the MS scenery, that MS smoothed the elevation gain so that there is a gradual hill coming up from the area mesh to the 2181 airport elev, so it doesn't look so abrupt as in the screenshot. I don't have the FSGenesis mesh, so it would be nice to slew at ground level with that installed and get some elev readings. I suspect the symflyers field elev isn't much or any different from MS default, but the smoothed gradient is missing. Maybe someone has the FSGenesis with default KLAS and can take a look at it.scott s..