Sign in to follow this  
Guest md_eleven

After updating FS2204 MD-11 to v1.2 error msg on FS startup

Guest md_eleven

Hi!I have just downloaded and installed the v1.2 update for the FS9 MD-11. Since then when trying to start FS9 I get the following message:"Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled.File: Gauges/PMDG_MD11.gau"I get this message several times before FS9 starts. When loading the PMDG MD-11 none of the cockpit gauges work.I also have FSX and the PMDG MD-11 for FSX installed. I haven't updated that to latest version yet and I am worried to do so now. Do these two aircraft share gauges or folders and is it necessarry to update both?Thanks you for your help.Stefan LorenzPS: I run Windows Vista but both FS9 and installer were run as administrator.

I am not aware of any folder/file sharing between FS9 and FSX versions of MD11 (or any pmdg product cross platform sharing).I'm no expert (I try to break things, not fix them) but try a registry repair and/or deleting the fs9.cfg and let fs9 build a new one (maybe rename the original).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest md_eleven

Hi and thanks for your reply.The FSX version is now running fine, but with the FS2004 version I have no luck. Had to un-install the MD-11 with all liveries and install again. It is now running fine, but on version 1.1. I guess the 1.2 update is not for me :-)Stefan

Stefan, I have ran many updates on both versions on the same computer... just doesn't make sense that you can't.

Dan Downs KCRP