Sign in to follow this  
TC1

2 small questions

First off I am new to the software package, but I have read all of the instructions and I am working myself through the tutorials.First question: What am I doing wrong or I have setup incorrectlty to encounter the following message?Runtime error 76Radar Contact FSUIPC.RCV4codeI have a purchased copy of FSUIPC and I checked, per the manual, and I have both of the required message boxes called out on page 33 are properly checked.Second question: I saved a flight using the RC4 Save RC/FS State option (ctrl-shift-:). I can seen the file in both my select flight and Flight Simulator files folder. I start FS9, I start anywhere/anytime and then I call RC4 and select load previously saved RCDs. I then select the folder that the files I saved under (again I can see, the .flt, wx, and rc4 extenstions by manually selecing the folder outside of RC4) but all I see is a .rcd extention. I see no save files while under RC4.Whay did I setup incorrectly.ThanksTom

First off I am new to the software package, but I have read all of the instructions and I am working myself through the tutorials.First question: What am I doing wrong or I have setup incorrectlty to encounter the following message?Runtime error 76Radar Contact FSUIPC.RCV4codeI have a purchased copy of FSUIPC and I checked, per the manual, and I have both of the required message boxes called out on page 33 are properly checked.Second question: I saved a flight using the RC4 Save RC/FS State option (ctrl-shift-:). I can seen the file in both my select flight and Flight Simulator files folder. I start FS9, I start anywhere/anytime and then I call RC4 and select load previously saved RCDs. I then select the folder that the files I saved under (again I can see, the .flt, wx, and rc4 extenstions by manually selecing the folder outside of RC4) but all I see is a .rcd extention. I see no save files while under RC4.Whay did I setup incorrectly.ThanksTom
76 is probably because you didn't define the path to where fs stores the .flt/.wx files - click the .flt/.wx button, and define the path.fixing number 1, will fix number 2jd

I have been using RC4.3, an excellent program, for some time now with FSX, but I have just started to experience exactly the same error as Tom! I therefore look forward to finding out what is causing it!John

JD,My bad. I must have missed that step when I load the program. It didn't show up as an error until I had saved/loaded a flight.ThanksTom

JD,My bad. I must have missed that step when I load the program. It didn't show up as an error until I had saved/loaded a flight.ThanksTom
since you didn't define the path, when you tried to save it, run time error 76. the .rcd is probably in the root directory of the drive rc is installed on. you can delete it.when you tried to load it, the .rcd wasn't where it was supposed to be, so it wouldn't load.jd

JD,I only saw the runtime error message after I left the game. Upon exiting either FS9 or RC4 (can't remember which one), I would here the "error message" beep and when the screen was empty it displayed an XP message box.Tom