Sign in to follow this  
phrgflyer

MD-11 Validation

I purchased the MD-11 Combo about 30 days ago and installed the FS9 version. I flew it almost every day for about 15 days with no problems. I installed the update from the PMDG website today and booted up and waited for everything to initialize. After initialization all 3 of my MFD's were blank with a green X in the center of each one. I talked to a friend who has the MD-11 and he suggested that I try a fresh install of the MD-11. Removed with the control panel, went to reinstall the MD-11 and got a message that it was unable to validate my codes. What is going on?Harry

Harry Nelson

Harry, if you are unable to validate an install first verify you are using the correct email, order ID and password by logging into your account at pmdg and looking at your order history. If you are able to get that far then you have verified that information, and the next step is to email pmdg support with this information and be sure to get an automated response.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tkl

I, too am having a similar problem. After installing the newly released update the main 3 MFD's are all blank with an X in them. I even tried a reinstall but no luck.EDIT: Mine is not a validation problem, validation goes fine...it's just once the update gets installed, what I mentioned above happens.Any ideas?Thanks,Richard

Richard, if the installer seems to validate okay (it pops up a dialog text box that says something like thank you for validation) and you have X's on the displays, you failed to mention if the intialization sequence occured. There is a green text bar with numbers that count down from about 20 to 1 that annunciates the initialization. If this is not occuring then try using the RESET FLIGHT option in the MSFS menu. Sometimes loading the MD11 after having had a different PMDG aircraft loaded will result in the intialization not running but the reset usually does the trick for me.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest KSTLFF
I, too am having a similar problem. After installing the newly released update the main 3 MFD's are all blank with an X in them. I even tried a reinstall but no luck.EDIT: Mine is not a validation problem, validation goes fine...it's just once the update gets installed, what I mentioned above happens.Any ideas?Thanks,Richard
If you are running the "no-cd" crack then you will have to replace that with the orig. fs9 cfg found on the first disk. Then reinstall the update and you should be ok.Hope this helps you.Brett L.

Guest tkl
Richard, if the installer seems to validate okay (it pops up a dialog text box that says something like thank you for validation) and you have X's on the displays, you failed to mention if the intialization sequence occured. There is a green text bar with numbers that count down from about 20 to 1 that annunciates the initialization. If this is not occuring then try using the RESET FLIGHT option in the MSFS menu. Sometimes loading the MD11 after having had a different PMDG aircraft loaded will result in the intialization not running but the reset usually does the trick for me.
The initialization went well, it started counting down from 20 seconds and the green bar displayed and everything. I will give it a shot again and see how it goes.Brett, I don't have the no-cd crack...not sure what that is but this is also in FSX SP2.Thanks,Rich

Guest KSTLFF
Brett, I don't have the no-cd crack...not sure what that is but this is also in FSX SP2.Thanks,Rich
If you don't have it than that is not the problem. :( Good luck!!Brett L.

Rich, did you get it working? I think there are two possible colors for the X on the DUs now, red and green and I don't remember which one is power to DU and the other is validation issue. If your validation has gone well and the init sequence runs its course then start checking the overhead for power. If everything is configured for power on engines running then the last resort is to fire off a message to pmdg support. Make sure you get an automated response.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tkl

Sorry about the long delay. As far as I remember, the X's were blue. Could it still be a validation problem?Thanks,Rich

Guest tkl

Any ideas?Should I just contact PMDG Support?Regards,Rich

I think you should email PMDG support yes. Blue X's would probably be a validation issue.little off topicMy last flight I had random failures on and suddenly mid flight my DU went blank with red X's (DUI failure), switching to AUX fixed that but it was interesting.Jay V.