Sign in to follow this  
klm251

Aerosoft Schiphol(EHAM)

+44Hope they realize that FSX is NOT for everyone..Stop forcing it down peoples throats, that IT IS the only way to go LOLFS9 is still VERY much viable.Actually i challenge ANY developer to make a utility to make FSX run very well on any system :(

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Let me be the 45th person to vote for an FS9 Schiphol from Aerosoft. In the past year I've ordered 5 of their airport sceneries for FS9, and I'd love to get a sixth (actually, I still need to get Frankfurt, and Hamburg, and....)

John G.

Guest Paul_D

( 47 ) Count me in, What good is a huge airpirt in FSX anyway, Slideshow...Paul ( Toronto Canada ).

+50Only 1950 to go to reach the magic 2000 ;)Their personal stance is interesting given the number of developers, for whom they act as distributors, still churn out FS9 versions. No doubt their figures indicate a greater number of FSX sales... perhaps the FSX users are greater in number, though we FS9 users are just more vocal...Whatever...I would certainly like to see an Aerosoft rendition of EHAM, if the GA Hamburg release is anything to go by (or MAF2008 for that matter)Andrew

+50Only 1950 to go to reach the magic 2000 ;)Their personal stance is interesting given the number of developers, for whom they act as distributors, still churn out FS9 versions. No doubt their figures indicate a greater number of FSX sales... perhaps the FSX users are greater in number, though we FS9 users are just more vocal...Whatever...I would certainly like to see an Aerosoft rendition of EHAM, if the GA Hamburg release is anything to go by (or MAF2008 for that matter)Andrew
How do you even begin to compare FS9 and FSX sales? You would need a new product (not a v2 of something and not the umpteenth texture upgrade program, something truly new) that is distributed and sold as two separate versions, one for FS9, one for FSX (no buy one, get the other as well). Only that would start to give some kind of idea about paying user numbers. I can understand that developers are pushing FSX, it makes more sense from a business perspective. Unfortunately, developers are not charities. FSX is the newer platform, FS9 the older and developed for for three+ more years than FSX, so there are limits to what can be done, technically and practically. Logically FSX products will sell better today.That being said, there's still plenty of enthusiasm for FS9 products. Not only from those with hardware limits, but also from those that simply do not find anything in FSX that's worth upgrading for. I'd say both groups are not exactly small... It took years for hardware to catch up with FS9. It will take years for that to happen with FSX. Add to that the fact that there will be no new sim (safe for the "flying game" crap) and you've got two very actively used platforms. It may take a bit of an effort to keep developing for FS9 and there may a smaller profit margin (if a profit at all), but I don't see why this is an issue at all. As much as as they (Aerosoft, Mr. Lot... I mean Kok, etc...) would like there to be one platform, FSX, that just ain't gonna happen. Unless they develop a new sim themselves, that addresses all the gripes people have about FS9 and FSX...

Mike...

How do you even begin to compare FS9 and FSX sales?
Actually they don't have to compare...My guess is that based on their sales for the FS9 German Airport series, they have a pretty good idea how new/existing FS9 airports are going to sell.After that it's simple math. Nevertheless I sincerely hope they continue to develop EHAM (and others) for FS9, even at a premium price if necessary

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Actually they don't have to compare...My guess is that based on their sales for the FS9 German Airport series, they have a pretty good idea how new/existing FS9 airports are going to sell.
I dunno. It's dangerous to use that series. Surely how an airport like Hamburg sells is no indication of how EHAM would sell. (Didn't get the former, would get the latter.) Same goes for EDDF, although bigger and more known in and outside of Germany, it was a rerelease. And the earlier version was not exactly bad. So, you know... While Munich is a rerelease also, the current version is in dire need of an upgrade, so it might give a better idea of potential sales. EHAM is stuck somewhere in between EDDF and EDDM. Anyway, we'll see. What I find interesting though, is that other developers haven't even hinted at stopping FS9 development. I know FSDreamTeam will re-evaluate the situation after KLAS (and KDFW?). But ImagineSim for example has said nothing about it. Instead, they're making sceneries (and I'm buying them).Oh well.

Mike...

what,an FS9 vesion of EHAM by Aerosoft?count me in +51.I really think they should keep on developing for FS9,as I seelots of people still using it.Also,in the library there are still arriving tons of downloads for FS9,and if people weren't using it,they wouldn't be there.see the transition from FS2K2 to FS9,the FS2K2 downloads literally dried up over relatively little time.cheersJP.

Why get something for free, if you can pay for it... :( Can you show a terminal up close and a taxiway up close, please. From above, those shots are great, but how does it all look zoomed in. Does it cover all seasons? Are there any dynamic vehicles driving around? It looks, to say it in Dutch, kaal. :(

Mike...

I'm not sure why anyone would buy EHAM for FS9 when you can get a superb version and the rest of The Netherlands free, http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/index.php.John
Why download 28GB of scenery for the whole netherlands while most people will fly to amsterdam they don't use every single airport there besides when aerosoft releases Amsterdam how big will that file be? i think a couple of x10 MB say around 50 or 60 maybe lessNL2000 is only great for people who fly VFR in the netherlands for IFR you won't see most of the scenery only during approach the buildings below and landing at the airport that's how i think it's a waste of HD space and time to download it even if it is free

Indeed, klm251 is right. Well, in a way. I simply don't have the diskspace to install 28GB of terrain. Since version 3 is either everything or nothing, and version 4 (which has an option to only install parts of the scenery) is only for FSX, my only option is having a payware EHAM.Really, I'm Dutch and I'd really like to fly over Holland, but I don't want to uninstall half of my computer just to install NL2000. By the way, my HD is not tiny. See, I've got two partitions on my laptop, and only one of them, the smallest, runs Windows, which is the place FS2004 is installed. Hence, I don't have room for such enormous addons.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case