Sign in to follow this  
Jakob Arnholtz

WoAI causes FSX to CTD

Hi. I am using World of AI or WoAi for traffic in my FSX Acceleration installation. Alas, I am experiencing crash to desktop frequently. I am presented with a massage saying: Failed to read from file.I am frequently updating my traffic files with new ones as soon as they appear on the WoAi homepage. I know, that the Woai traffic bgl's are made for FS9. Could something with the traffic bgl's or the aircrafts from WoAi be the cause of my problems? Is there a way to pin down the problem?Has anyone experienced problems, running WoAi files under FSX?KindlyJakob Arnholtz

Make a backup copy of the WOAI bgl files in your,scenery/ wrold /sceenery folder and then remove them from the folder. Then run fsx. and see if you get any crashes if not replave them one at a time untuill you find the offending one. Its possible one of the files got corrupted during install, but it could also be amnother problem. Ive never had issues with woai, and i convert all mine to fsx format so i can keep the default GA planes. removed the airlines to help with frame rates.

Make a backup copy of the WOAI bgl files in your,scenery/ wrold /sceenery folder and then remove them from the folder. Then run fsx. and see if you get any crashes if not replave them one at a time untuill you find the offending one. Its possible one of the files got corrupted during install, but it could also be amnother problem. Ive never had issues with woai, and i convert all mine to fsx format so i can keep the default GA planes. removed the airlines to help with frame rates.
I see I have to do it the hard way.Sigh!KindlyJakob Arnholtz

I use virtually all of the WoAI traffic available in FSX - no sign of a CTD (touch wood)

ngxu_banner.png

I've had a lot of WoAI flightplans converted to FSX and have never had a CTD (in FSX). FS9, on the other hand, has been a little more frustrating in the past. I think I've fixed that for now (cross fingers).

If converting BGL's to FSX format, both AIFPC and AIFP will convert BGL's. However, AIFPC will convert without reporting problems, possibly missing airports etc. These BGL's can and do cause crashes in FSX when I use them. AIFP will typically convert only BGL's that have enough information needed to properly work in FSX, and it seems that these converted BGL's will not cause a CTD.In summary, at this time with my limited knowledge, if converting BGL's to FSX format, AIFP should be used for conversion.

Guest abarter
To save a bit of time remove the latest one's you've intalled one at a time. Sort your folder by date and remove the newest one's first.

Continuing....AIFPC (Peter Van Der Veen) will successfully convert all WOAI BGL's, I've done it. AIFP (Don Grovenstine) will successfully convert WOAI BGL's with enough information to successfully operate in FSX, otherwise it will not convert that particular BGL. I've also done that.If we have a bad WOAI BGL in the game, FSX will only crash if we are at an airport or a location where the WOAI BGL is polling for information that the BGL can not answer. If we are at an airport or a location where a WOAI BGL is not calling out for specific information, then we won't crash FSX. We think we are using all of the WOAI BGL's successfully, but in reality we are not, we are simply flying somewhere in the world where a bad WOAI BGL is not calling out for information. I think it's a 150 mile radius.In conclusion, I only use a WOAI BGL successfully converted by AIFP, and eliminate all other WOAI BGL's. Well, that's what I've done to eliminate these mystery crashes. Hope it helps because it's more fun to fly than searching for CTD bugs.

....never mind. I found it I searched for AI flight planner. Tried it out last night.At the moment I am defragging, and then I am holding my breath!!!!!KindlyJakob Arnholtz

If you find any problem with the WOAI FP's please let us know at www.world-of-ai.comIt would be the first time that WOAI causes a CTD.Looking forward to your resultsKind regards,Tom vd HorstWorld-of-AIwww.world-of-ai.com

Typically, those WOAI bgl's reported by AIFP as defective were missing airport info. I don't have time to spend on the problem. If it's not the reason behind the CTD's, I'd be the first to admit it.