Sign in to follow this  
FusAtl

PMDG MD-11 Spoiler Issue

Hi, I was wondering if anyone is having problems with the spoilers deploying when you replay a landing in the MD-11 for FSX. The spoilers deploy perfectly when I do the actual landing, however every time I replay it, they do not deploy! Any suggestions? By the way, I've already installed the latest update but am still experiencing the problem. Thank you Rafael Ottey

Use FS-recorder to record the flights as the built in replay function in FSX doesn't record a lot of functions on detailed aircraft like the MD-11.http://www.fs-recorder.net/
thank you very much Andy, I'll download it and give it a tryRafael

I'm using fs-recorder for a long time already. It is a great tool, but it does not extend the spoilers.There are quite often problems with replay of complex aircraft. I got used to it. Alex

I have this same problem in FS9. I also noticed there is no beacon or strobe lights in replay mode either, it's a subject I brought up before but with no joy. I think someone said that some fuctions are built outside of FS with this aircraft, I don't know what this meens, I'm not tech minded but it was suggested that this may be a factor. Anyone from PMDG? :( Malcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Here's what happens for me with the spoilers on replay running FSX. If you don't retract the spoilers after the rollout, then when the replay starts the spoilers are extended and remain that way throughout the approach and landing. If you retract the spoilers after the rollout, then when the replay starts the spoilers are retracted and do not extend on touchdown.Robert

Please, is there any help out there at all on this one,(PMDG), :( . Clearly it would seem that several people are having this problem, inc me :( .Thanks and regardsMalcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Guest pegase
Please, is there any help out there at all on this one,(PMDG), :( . Clearly it would seem that several people are having this problem, inc me B) .Thanks and regardsMalcolm Hancock (Rooster)
Sorry Malcolm, I am not from PMDG, so I can only help by confirmation I have the same (I use FS9). During replay, lights, flaps and spoilers are not operated. Up to us to deploy again flaps and light before replay if we want to see or record a realistic view.For the the landing gear, it is a half way. The gears pull down as you did in flight except the middle main gear which is down as it was when you started the replay on ground. So, during the part gear up on replay you see just under the belly the central main gear out like a... :( hum let's tell it looks a bit dirty :(

Is anyone at PMDG going to give some help regarding this issue PLEASE! Clearly there are a number of people with this problem. I have the greatest respect for you guys and have everything you've made but how many times does a person have to ask. This is not the PMDG I know as far as support is concerned as you are normally so on the ball. This does not happen with any other aircraft you produce regarding spoilers and lights in replay mode, so why the MD11. So (ever so nicely of course :( ) a little help PLEASE!In anticipationMalcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Well, if it's gonna effect the logic, then I hope they leave it alone. I don't know why it's so important. I use replay to see my landing for fun and I know the spoilers deployed because the PNF says so and I hear them reset after rollout. I also know my gear and lights are fine. If it's screen shots you are wanting, then pause the sim and select your new view to take the shot. The pause message flashes, so you can capture it between and therefore remove the red pause message. It's not that difficult.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Well, if it's gonna effect the logic, then I hope they leave it alone. I don't know why it's so important. I use replay to see my landing for fun and I know the spoilers deployed because the PNF says so and I hear them reset after rollout. I also know my gear and lights are fine. If it's screen shots you are wanting, then pause the sim and select your new view to take the shot. The pause message flashes, so you can capture it between and therefore remove the red pause message. It's not that difficult.
Quit blaming PMDG for the shortcomings of MICROSOFT'S fs recorder functions.It happens with ALL replays,i.e.This has been known for years.Make the recordings with something like FRAPS during the flight if you want authentic lookingvideos.Ron :(

Ron Service

Thank you for your replies Chris and Ron. Couple of points though, Chris, I would agree its all for fun but its also different things to different people. I fly in the real world (light stuff) and I like to revue what I've done and be critical so I can improve my flight skills. As such I like an accurate replay in external mode. I'm sure you can respect that. :( Ron, I can only speak as I find and this does not happen to me in ANY OTHER action replay with ANY OTHER aircraft including the rest of PMDG's fleet which I own. I have tried other replay utilities and none of them make any difference. I would point out gentlemen that I am as bigger fan of PMDG as anyone on this forum, please don't think I'm bashing them, it's just they normally they respond very well to querks like this but sadly not on this occasion. :( If anyone else has any thoughts I would be very grateful.Good flying and best regards gentlemenMalcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Malcolm: Thanks for not blaming FS Replay performance on PMDG or any other add-on. This function is strictly a MSFS feature with absolutely no hooks for a developer to influence (in my limited knowledge). However, I do believe I have observed default aircraft displaying the same limitations with the replay as add-ons. Pretty sure of that in fact. Regardless, it is strictly a FS-ism.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi DanThank you for your input, It's appreciated. You will note I did not start this thread, however, this is a subject I raised before with no definitive answer.In that thread someone mentioned that for the first time part of the MD11 was made outside the model and within FS and this helped with frame rates. He questioned whether this could be relevant to the problem. I have no idea about this, I'm a bit long in the tooth and not very tech minded, but I wondered if you could confirm this or not and if you had any thoughts on the subject.Best regards and many thanks DanMalcolm Hancock (Rooster)

Malcolm Hancock

Malcolm, I'm just guessing here but based on what I've read in discussions on autopilot implementation and the sim in general I don't think that having code running in a DLL instead of the default autopilot has anything to do with this thread. Just my guess. I personnally find the replay feature in MSFS something of limited utility and don't have many thoughts on the subject.

Dan Downs KCRP