Sign in to follow this  
Halo001

Tinmouse

I been trying to install the 737 Tin Mouse. I extracted all the files into the appropriate directory, but the airplane doesn't as a selection in FS9. Do I need to change the FS9.cfg file, and if so, what changes should I make? Thanks for your help.

I been trying to install the 737 Tin Mouse. I extracted all the files into the appropriate directory, but the airplane doesn't as a selection in FS9. Do I need to change the FS9.cfg file, and if so, what changes should I make? Thanks for your help.
Please provide the exact, complete filename (???????.zip) and where you got it.Then one of us can download it and see if we can spot your problem. :(

Please provide the exact, complete filename (???????.zip) and where you got it.Then one of us can download it and see if we can spot your problem. :(
Thanks to both of you for responding so quickly. I downloaded tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip along with the updates. I've extracted the main file to FS9\aircraft. There is an aircraft.cfg file included in the zip, so I'm wondering if I would insert that into the aircraft.cfg file for FS9.

Thanks to both of you for responding so quickly. I downloaded tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip along with the updates. I've extracted the main file to FS9\aircraft. There is an aircraft.cfg file included in the zip, so I'm wondering if I would insert that into the aircraft.cfg file for FS9.
Did you also download the Tinmouse Model Base Pack ?The file you downloaded does not include the models or any textures (paints) and therefore would not display in your Select an Aircraft dialogue.This is a link to the Basepack:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=90552The need for the Base pack is detailed in the instructions also. Hope this helps. :(

Did you also download the Tinmouse Model Base Pack ?The file you downloaded does not include the models or any textures (paints) and therefore would not display in your Select an Aircraft dialogue.This is a link to the Basepack:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=90552The need for the Base pack is detailed in the instructions also. Hope this helps. :(
Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie. I did download and install the Model Base Pack, still no joy in Mudville.

Could you post the aircraft.cfg file? It is located in the Tinmouse 737 folder (not in any of the subfolders). It is possible there is a problem with one or all of the repaints that makes it not show up correctly.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie. I did download and install the Model Base Pack, still no joy in Mudville.
Here is the procedure I used - perhaps if you follow it the aircraft will display for you.1. Downloaded the following three files: tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip, tinmouse2_b732_modelpack.zip and tinmouse2_b732_v1_22.zip2. Unzipped each one into a separate, temporary folder.3. Copied the 5 model and 6 texture files from the modelpack and pasted them into the B737-200_TM2 folder (the one in the unzipped tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip)4. Copied the revised air file named 737-200adv.air from the unzipped tinmouse2_b732_v1_22.zip package and pasted it into the B737-200_TM2 folder, replacing the original air file.5. Copied the effect named fx_smoke_JT8D.fx and pasted it into my effects folder.6. Copied the folder named B737-200_TM2 and pasted it into my aircraft folder.It should contain 5 model subfolders, 1 panel subfolder, 1 sound subfolder, 6 texture subfolders. 1 .air file and 1 aircraft.cfg file. There may be a checklist file also.7. Copied and pasted the contents (three panel folders) from the folder named fsfsconv and pasted them into my fsfsconv folder which is in my aircaft folder. That fsfsconv folder is in the unzipped tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip package.The aircraft then shows up in my aircraft selection menu under Boeing.The process looks complicated but is really quite simple if you follow all of the steps. I never unzip anything directly into FS - I always unzip into temporary folders first, combine elements if required and only then add it to my aircraft folder.I did not install the fssound.dll in my modules folder as I already had it.Hope this helps get you on track. :(

Here is the procedure I used - perhaps if you follow it the aircraft will display for you.1. Downloaded the following three files: tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip, tinmouse2_b732_modelpack.zip and tinmouse2_b732_v1_22.zip2. Unzipped each one into a separate, temporary folder.3. Copied the 5 model and 6 texture files from the modelpack and pasted them into the B737-200_TM2 folder (the one in the unzipped tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip)4. Copied the revised air file named 737-200adv.air from the unzipped tinmouse2_b732_v1_22.zip package and pasted it into the B737-200_TM2 folder, replacing the original air file.5. Copied the effect named fx_smoke_JT8D.fx and pasted it into my effects folder.6. Copied the folder named B737-200_TM2 and pasted it into my aircraft folder.It should contain 5 model subfolders, 1 panel subfolder, 1 sound subfolder, 6 texture subfolders. 1 .air file and 1 aircraft.cfg file. There may be a checklist file also.7. Copied and pasted the contents (three panel folders) from the folder named fsfsconv and pasted them into my fsfsconv folder which is in my aircaft folder. That fsfsconv folder is in the unzipped tinmouse2_b732_v1_2.zip package.The aircraft then shows up in my aircraft selection menu under Boeing.The process looks complicated but is really quite simple if you follow all of the steps. I never unzip anything directly into FS - I always unzip into temporary folders first, combine elements if required and only then add it to my aircraft folder.I did not install the fssound.dll in my modules folder as I already had it.Hope this helps get you on track. :(
I am new to this community and I am constantly amazed at the expertise and the williness to help. No matter what problem I've had, someone was always willing to take time to help me. This is perfect example of that. Your instructions worked (when I finally got my head out) to a tee. The airplane is now installed and working. I still have a problem with the flight characteristics, but I'll figure that out eventually...as I learn more.Thanks to all that provided me clues and suggestions. A especial thanks to Opa for taking the time to provide detailed instructions.

I am new to this community and I am constantly amazed at the expertise and the williness to help. No matter what problem I've had, someone was always willing to take time to help me. This is perfect example of that. Your instructions worked (when I finally got my head out) to a tee. The airplane is now installed and working. I still have a problem with the flight characteristics, but I'll figure that out eventually...as I learn more.Thanks to all that provided me clues and suggestions. A especial thanks to Opa for taking the time to provide detailed instructions.
Glad I was able to lend a hand.May I suggest that you take some time to "snoop" around in your aircraft folder. By examining what is in the default aircraft folders you will soon get a good sense of what "should" be in anything you download. That would include a model subfolder, a sound subfolder, a panel subfolder, at least 1 texture subfolder, an .air file and an aircraft.cfg file. There may well be other checklist and reference files also but those are the basic folders and files which every aircraft "should" have.The one exception would be aircraft which are specifically designed to be used as AI aircraft (not flown by you) as they do not need a panel or sound subfolders.Feel free to ask for help when you get stuck - none of us was born knowing this stuff. :(