Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Looking forward to the Flight 1 C152

Guest JonP01

Having read the press blurb and seen who's involved I'm really looking forward to this release. One thing I really like is that photo-realistic views are available not only on the panel, but also on all the peripheral views (for fossils like me who still prefer to use 2D bitmaps over a VC). Nice looking aircaft, great panel and no doubt a quality FM as well.

GForce puts out a great C150.... Doesn't have the 2-d views, but it's 3-d views are virtually photorealistic. It's an aircraft I enjoy flying for short hops, although I'm still partial to my own FS2002 Microlight :)

Guest JonP01

Thanks John,I might try the other C150 as well as trying your Ultralight. Only problem is there's a 2 knot wind at my virtual aerodrome today. I guess I'll have to hold on tight ;)

Guest ucanfly

>GForce puts out a great C150.... Doesn't have the 2-d views,>but it's 3-d views are virtually photorealistic. It's an>aircraft I enjoy flying for short hops, although I'm still>partial to my own FS2002 Microlight :) I agree that C150 is nice - and free by the way. I am a little surprised by Flight-1s latest choice just exactly beacuse there is a quality C-150 out there, and there are a lot of default small cessnas for free on everyone's hard drive. Curious to see what will make this one stand out.

Guest Moghdad

I'm looking forward to this one too. There is a decent freeware C-150 out there, but it will be nice to have a full-feature payware model.I have something like 100 real life hours in 150s and 152s. They are fun to fly, maneuverable, and easy to land but have a more quirky personality than the 172. It's also one of the few planes that I could dream of actually owning in the relatively near future as there are a fair number of them on the market in the $20,000-30,000 range, some in better shape than others.

Guest JonP01

From what I understand, they are a bit more hands-on than the bigger 172 or 182. Is that a fair assumption? I certainly don't want something that can fly itself - I'd fall asleep!

Guest Moghdad

The thing to remember about them is that they're underpowered. The 150 has a 100 HP engine and the 152 about 110HP, I think. It's actually a zippy little plane when you fly solo on a cool day. But when you fly it on a hot day with a passenger and full fuel the poor performance could give you a nasty shock. Pilots used to flying the 172 have gotten themselves in trouble by overestimating the performance of the 150/152. Is is also very easy to overload inadvertantly.The 150/152 is less benign in the stall than the 172. It really pitches down more abruptly and can drop a wing suddenly. And since it is lighter, it takes more skill to land in a crosswind than the 172.

Guest JonP01

Thanks for that. It will be interesting to see how Steve Small handles it. I remember downloading an X-Plane version which was a real handful.