Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

AFCAD help

I am using the freeware scenery of Zurich airport made by FreeZ and I need some help. My AI land short of runway 28, is there something I can do in AFCAD so my AI will land on the runway and not feet short of it?

Hello Joseph,Which version of FreeZ are you using? I don't think the problem is related to the af2 file. I also rarely experience this with my WOAI when I start my sim, one or two aircraft land short due to scheduling (I think).

Hello Joseph,Which version of FreeZ are you using? I don't think the problem is related to the af2 file. I also rarely experience this with my WOAI when I start my sim, one or two aircraft land short due to scheduling (I think).
I am using the newest version (version0.7). I was AI spotting at the airport for 25 minutes and all the planes that landed on 28 were landing short.

O.K,I just did some spotting myself with the wind blowing from 300 at 10. Aircraft came in landing on runways 28 and 34. No problems at all.However, my problem with this scenery is the following: AI cannot land on 14. The approach is fine but when they contact tower on final they are given the instruction to enter left or right base where as the correct one should be "make straight in". After that go missed and just don't come back! It seems like a messed up approach bgl, but I don't know for sure.Joseph, when I started using this scenery I did change the afcad file a bit, no major modifications I changed the xwind runways (too many, ATIS wasn't available) and closed 14-32 for landings due to the issue above. Everything seems to be fine at the moment.If you want to try out my AF2, just send me a PM.EDIT: Oh, and BTW, I not using any landclass or mesh, everthing is default and the scenery is the "Light" version. I found the "Ultra" one harsh on frames.

I will let you know about the AFCAD. I re installed the original AFCAD and will do some AI spotting tomorrow to see if the AI land on runway 28 or net.