Sign in to follow this  
heisebaer

Autoflight and Autospeed MD 11 PMDG

I don't want to sound rude, Jerome, but you are clearly not following the tutorial, and your screen shot proves it. You have dialed in an altitude of 27000, which basically means you are taking the tutorial as a rough guide at best. When the guide says "push this button" or "don't pull that button" and you do not follow those instructions, then you will not get the same results. I do not know what you forgot, but you can find out for yourself. Follow the tutorial, using the pause button as necessary to ensure that you perform every step you are asked to perform, and do them when you are asked. (For example, there is no point in pressing Autoflight below 400ft, as it won't engage). It gets very busy at take off so it is easy to miss something or do it at the wrong time unless you use the pause button. Compare your displays to those in the tutorial after each step and as soon as you spot any difference, stop and find out what you did wrong. For example, on pages 21 and 22 is a series of screens that show the displays from releasing the brakes to leveling out at 6000. Make sure you match each one of them. /Paul.

I know that there are many pics for me.But its unimportant if FL370 or FL270. I did every Step of the manual accurately.I pushed every button like the manual and I pulled every button like discribed in the manual.My flight was from EDDF to EDDH! But I dont believe that is the mainpoint. I must be able to fly from every airport with autotrust, not?Do you mean I should try it with FL370? It cant be correct that I always use the FL370 for my flights?

...I dont hear a clicking noise when accelerate the acft....
"Press the ʻAUTO FLIGHTʼ button (5) to arm the autothrust system. The ʻATS OFFʼ box on the FMA will beremoved.
Did you check that it was removed
CAUTION: This will activate auto-thrust as soon as youmove the throttle levers past approx. 65% N1! You neverneed that much thrust for taxi, but be aware.
Did you exceed 65% while taxiing?

Yes I did, it was not removed!
Did you exceed 65% while taxiing?
No, I didn't

Yes I did, it was not removed!
Then your mistake was something before that. Don't bother with the video, just do it slowly, one step at a time. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS.If you reach the same point again, and pressing the 'Autoflight' button still does not remove the "ATS OFF" box from the FMA, then post a screen shot and we will have a look.

I dont understand. Yesterday I prepared my flights step by step like the tutorial.I programmed my FMS like the tutorial. And on page 20 you can read the upper sentences, I do them as well.I dont hear a clicking noise when accelerate the acft.My FMS is correct and all other items as well. What did I forget?And which datas do you mean?
Jerome,If you are shure that all selections and settings are correct upto and including page 20, then it might be following:If I remember correctly, in the versions prior to update 0051, the "overboostbar" when used, would switch off ATS, making it unavail,=> Amber box, which is what the real aircraft does as well (IIRC).The overboostbar (black strip in front of the throttles) has to be reset to make normal use of ATS. Also the FADEC's have to be reset from ALT to Normal mode.This logic has been changed from version 0051 as I see now when trying to reproduce your problem.So please check your version.Please check your overboostbar.Hope it helps,Harry

So what? Overboostbar?I didnt hear anything from that. I tried to update my MD 11, but the installer said, that no update is necessary.Where can I find a overboostbar?

So what? Overboostbar?I didnt hear anything from that. I tried to update my MD 11, but the installer said, that no update is necessary.Where can I find a overboostbar?
You have to assign it to a button or keyboard command in the PMDG options. Anyway I dont think that is your problem, as stated overboost will cause the FADEC to go to ALTN so I would assume you would have noticed something on the EAD.Rob

Rob Prest

Jerome,Now we are getting somewhere.Open the front pedestal screen, yes, where the throttles are.In front of the throttles, right of the spoiler handle, there's a black bar called the overboostbar.When you mouse over it, there are clickspots at that position.WARNING: when you click on this bar FULL OVERBOOST THRUST will be set on the engines, so be prepared to close throttles immediatly again.Also the FADEC's will go to Alternate mode as confirmed in your screenshots lateron.In short: Whenever you encouter an AMBER ATS OFF Box, just check that the overboostbar is in its normal position, and the FADEC's are reset for normal operation.Still wondering what (update) version you'r using. Have a look in the aircraf.cfg header please, what version is reported there?Harry

What are FADECs?I have the following Version24MAR09//VERSION 1.20.0055
Jerome,FADEC: Overhead panel lower, left.Discription of it's operation: do a search in the manuals please. SYST, FCOM, QRH. There's much more there than I can tell in a few words.Version is the latest, just wondering why I can't get an amber box anymore.Please let me know if on your next flight the amberbox shows up again and if resetting the overboostbar returns it to a white box.Harry

My overboostbar is currently in a normal position.When I try to bring them in to another pos the autopilotlady is calling!