Sign in to follow this  
heisebaer

Autoflight and Autospeed MD 11 PMDG

Hello...yesterday I bought the MD 11 PMDG and I've read the manual and tutorial carefully.But I am not able to turn a traffic pattern with the nice aircraft, I cant use Autothrust.How can I use Autothrust without a programmed FMS or FMC???Thx for help, heisebaer (Germany)

Hello...yesterday I bought the MD 11 PMDG and I've read the manual and tutorial carefully.But I am not able to turn a traffic pattern with the nice aircraft, I cant use Autothrust.How can I use Autothrust without a programmed FMS or FMC???Thx for help, heisebaer (Germany)
Wow but you are a fast reader! May I suggest that you try actually following the tutorial flight. It takes you through everything you need to know from end to end with suggestions and pointers as to what additional information can be useful and where to find it. It also address your autothrust question (hint - you need FMS or FMC to use autothrust)./Paul.

I spent over a month studying the documentation before the FS9 MD11 was out and still read it on long hauls. As the above poster states at least follow the tutorial properly and you should be fine with the basics.Good luck! :)Rob

Rob Prest

Now I think I have to push the AUTOFLIGHT Button to activate the autothrust as well.But there must be an possibilty to hold the speed autom. without the FMC, or not?Thx for your help! heisebaer

Now I think I have to push the AUTOFLIGHT Button to activate the autothrust as well.But there must be an possibilty to hold the speed autom. without the FMC, or not?Thx for your help! heisebaer
Jerome,I don't have a direct answer on this, others may have it.I know how to operate an MD11 and handle the various systems as they are intended to be used by design.If you think there must be different way to reach your goal, then please:Find a way to do so in the manuals.orFind a way by trial and error.Harry

I have done several local pattern flights with the MD11, but I still use the FMS to set up V-speeds. I set up the INIT page for a 3000 ft altitude, set up TO page for V-speeds, and just enter the RNW for departure with one nearby fix such as a closeby VOR then select the approach I want to shoot. From there on you have the option of flying in any mode you want but at least you are protecting the engines and the NAV gets the right freq for the approach. Good practice, but I wouldn't dream of trying this with nonething in the FMS. If that is how you want to fly try the default aircraft in msfs.

Dan Downs KCRP

I did my last flight step by step in accordance with the tutorial, but I coudnt use Auto Speed.What did I forget? My FMC was fully correct and I pushed the buttons like written in the tutorial on page 20!The NAV works it colores magenta but the Step

Did you press AUTOFLIGHT button before takeoff? That arms the ATS.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I do, like discribed in the tutorial!Where is my mistake?????I must push the botton once and the NAV (tutorial)! page 20, not?

The ATS will go offline if for some reason speeds deviate from plan. Maybe you got too slow or too fast at some point. In this case, press the FMS button below the FCP SPD dial.

Dan Downs KCRP

I did it too, but then I get probs with the climb rate.And below Fl100 I always fly with 250 kts, imm. after TO I acc.

You must press the PROF button in MCP!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I did my last flight step by step in accordance with the tutorial, but I coudnt use Auto Speed.What did I forget? My FMC was fully correct and I pushed the buttons like written in the tutorial on page 20!The NAV works it colores magenta but the Step

I dont understand. Yesterday I prepared my flights step by step like the tutorial.I programmed my FMS like the tutorial. And on page 20 you can read the upper sentences, I do them as well.I dont hear a clicking noise when accelerate the acft.My FMS is correct and all other items as well. What did I forget?And which datas do you mean?