Sign in to follow this  
Guest RoniisH

Blurry textures

Guest RoniisH

Hi,I know this topic has come up a million times. The thing is, I've searched the whole wide web for people having blurry textures and I've found different solutions everywhere. Trust me, I've tried them all. None work for me.EXTENDED_RADIUS here and there... Nothing works.Aircraft textures and such is fine... It's just the ground textures that are driving me up the wall.blurryixd.jpgHere's my FS9.cfg (the necessary bits):[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=27TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100TextureMaxLoad=10[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=70.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=25.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4[sCENERY]IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5DYNAMIC_SCENERY=1DYN_SCN_DENSITY=5DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1SUNGLARE=0LENSFLARE=0Any help what so ever is appreciated.

I've tried them all. None work for me.
Simply because there is no solution. Many of the suggestions you found will help reducing the blurries. But forget about definite good-bye to the problem. It's a kind of error in MFS engine. I hoped FSX will solve it but it didn't (one of the many reasons I'll stay with FS9).Sorry, I have nothing better for you. I also followed a lot of suggestions for years and never saw an ultimate solution.I'm speaking for myself here. If there is someone who did find a cure and never saw ground blurries again, I'd love to hear that too.

1) Please post your system specs2) What video driver version are you running3) Are you running Ultimate Terrain?4) Do you have frame rates set to unlimited?I noticed that for me it all boils down to the video drivers and the video card. When I upgraded to ATI 3870x2 in CrossfireX, all blurries whet away and I have crisp textures to the horizon. But I also noticed that I have had different results with different video drivers. Early Vista drivers were terrible. Your configs look correct for getting crisp textures so it will all boil down to your system being able display crisp textures.

I have it set at:Mode=1600x1200x32TriLinear=1RenderToTexture=0MipBias=8UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=40TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40DisableSoftwareWarning=1TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4That's about best FS9 can get. I usually zoom out to 0.60 to get textures sharper, I set visibility in my ASA to 30miles, or through custom weather in FS9. Also in outside view, I zoom completely out, then press + twice. That gives me best aspect-ratio while maintaining sharpness. Combined with limited visibility, I am satisfied. Lower you fly, sharper are textures gonna get.Forget 9.5, 4.5 settings etc. Above 4 nothing changes. I already compared screenshots in all possible configurations. There is a document that explains it, but unfortunately, its in german.Also, changing TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT, there is absolutely NO change in how fast textures load. Make a test - load a flight, if you have FS Navigator, use "move aircraft to here", and then measure how long does FS9 need to load all mips and textures without pressing refresh scenery. Important thing is you always move to the same point. This way you can measure if there is a difference in texture loading speed between different TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT settings. Here, no difference. Possibly somewhat more stuttering with high values, but no benefit. So I left it on 40.And another thing, no changes between cards, and I had cards like ATI 9700, X800, X850, X1900, X1950XTX, and 8800GT. Changed many drivers. These shots you show, never had them any other way. Until anyone else gives me proof otherwise, I stand by my statement.