Sign in to follow this  
myaudi

FS9 freeze after update

Dear PMDG Team,Thank you very much for the update.After installing the last update I have now problems when flying into LEMD, for the first time my FS9 freeze. It seems to happenwhen reaching close to 100 NM from the airport.I have tested with other addon sceneries (ESSA, LOWW, EDDH, LSZH) but only seems to be problem with LEMD.This morning I did the same route (EDDH-LEMD) with my PMDG 747 and the flight went perfect.Not sure, but can it be errors in the data of the MD11 FMC?I have tested 6 flights, using different runways for landing, SID data should be entered correct, but always my FS9 freeze.I have the last version from Navigraph installed.Any advice or help is much appriciated.Kind regards,John S.

Well,Yes I used the ATC. Strange if this could cause the "freeze" since I never experienced this before.John S.

I was too fast when reading your post, no I do not use ATIS. But I have Active Sky 6.5 installed, which update the weather information.Kind regards,John S.

Guest CX355

FS9 freeze, I was 160 miles from destination and changing the rwy from original entry in FMC (MD-11) and wham..had sound but was unable to do anything. I had to shut computer system down after 20 min. by manual means (holding start button).I restarted my computer and went to the event log and there was nothing noted about FS9, dlls, gauges, etc. There was nothing indicating a fatal error. Any ideas are welcome. Vincent

Hi again,The situation described by Vincent is the same as my problem.However, yesterday I did a flight with my MD 11 from LEMD to EDDH and this flight went perfect!For me it seems to be a problem with the approach data for LEMD.Can it be the numbers of SIDs and STARs, allthought I know this has been fixed according to the update information.So, if anyone have a good idea to solve this please be kind to let me know.Kind regards,John S.

Dear PMDG Team,Thank you very much for the update.After installing the last update I have now problems when flying into LEMD, for the first time my FS9 freeze. It seems to happenwhen reaching close to 100 NM from the airport.I have tested with other addon sceneries (ESSA, LOWW, EDDH, LSZH) but only seems to be problem with LEMD.This morning I did the same route (EDDH-LEMD) with my PMDG 747 and the flight went perfect.Not sure, but can it be errors in the data of the MD11 FMC?I have tested 6 flights, using different runways for landing, SID data should be entered correct, but always my FS9 freeze.I have the last version from Navigraph installed.Any advice or help is much appriciated.Kind regards,John S.
Hi John,Have you tried deleting four files from your flight simulator files . They are called Previous Flight and Previous flight WX and UI generated Flight andUI generated WX. This will not harm flight simulator in any way FS will rebuild them after your next flight I always do this when ever I add a patchto a aircraft. Or if there if some strange behavour with the aircraft. This seems to work for me. I did notice a few glitches with the MD-11 after I added the update. But after deleting these files next flight all was great again. I hope this is some help to you. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Interesting, as I have a similar problem with PMDG's 747 and MD11 flying in at EGLL and LFPG (both simwings/aerosoft Megaairport sceneries). Other aircraft (such as Level D's 767) have no problems. It happens when I get within 10nmls of the airport. FS9 freezes and that was it...Seems it happens after the update (the last for the Queen).Any idea is welcome. Martin

Guest CX355
Hi John,Have you tried deleting four files from your flight simulator files . They are called Previous Flight and Previous flight WX and UI generated Flight andUI generated WX. This will not harm flight simulator in any way FS will rebuild them after your next flight I always do this when ever I add a patchto a aircraft. Or if there if some strange behavour with the aircraft. This seems to work for me. I did notice a few glitches with the MD-11 after I added the update. But after deleting these files next flight all was great again. I hope this is some help to you. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY
Greg, thanx for your idea, I have done as suggested and will see what happens. I flew the reverse trip last night w/out a problem but tonights flight will be the same route etc. as the freeze flight 2 days ago. Vincent

Greg, thanx for your idea, I have done as suggested and will see what happens. I flew the reverse trip last night w/out a problem but tonights flight will be the same route etc. as the freeze flight 2 days ago. Vincent
Hi Vincent, Glad it worked for you . Let me know how the other flight went. Cheers Greg YSSY

Guest CX355
Hi Vincent, Glad it worked for you . Let me know how the other flight went. Cheers Greg YSSY
Greg, Had no problems last night, but giving your suggestion/fix more thought, I think you are on to something. I had made changes to the FSUIPC and some modifications to the FS9 CFG file and did not dump the old UI generated flights etc. and hence maybe that was the issue. I will keep your fix always in mind and hopefully that will take care of things. Vincent

Greg, Had no problems last night, but giving your suggestion/fix more thought, I think you are on to something. I had made changes to the FSUIPC and some modifications to the FS9 CFG file and did not dump the old UI generated flights etc. and hence maybe that was the issue. I will keep your fix always in mind and hopefully that will take care of things. Vincent
Hi Vincent, Glad to read it worked for you. I really cant take the credit for this fix. Its been around for a long time dates back to FS2000/ FS2002another company that used to do 747/777 used to recomend it. Anyway I know that works I have just continued on with it.My guess is that because these aircraft are so complex that we use. Any changes that we make adding patches etc. Causes some conflict whenit reaches some point in the flight that these changes take effect. And thats what causes the Freeze, crash etc. So when you delete the files.it like starting fresh again. Cheers Greg YSSY

I had a simular problem on a flight from EHAM to EDDH. At first FS(9) CTD just before landing at EDDH, later on FS crashed right after startup at Schiphol. I deleted the files mentioned in this topic, and I was able to fly from EDDF to EHAM without any problem. Later today I will try the flight from EHAM to EDDH again.Thanks for pointing to this solution. I hope it will work for all my MD-11 flights.

I had a simular problem on a flight from EHAM to EDDH. At first FS(9) CTD just before landing at EDDH, later on FS crashed right after startup at Schiphol. I deleted the files mentioned in this topic, and I was able to fly from EDDF to EHAM without any problem. Later today I will try the flight from EHAM to EDDH again.Thanks for pointing to this solution. I hope it will work for all my MD-11 flights.
Hi Tino, Glad to help I am a bit surprised that this has never been included in the readme section of the new patch. Would save pmdg supporta lot of time. Cheers Greg YSSY