Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

** How Much have you spent on MSFS2002? **

Guest cw1011

Do not, I repeat, do not let my girlfriend see this thread - she still thinks as hobbies go, its pretty benign...

Guest BrianC

I won't count hardware other than flight-only gear. I certainly don't use my PC for only FS, and if I were to quit using FS I'd still be a gearhead. :)FS2002 - 70CH Yoke - 100CH Pedals - 100Dreamfleet 734 - 25Dreamfleet Archer - 20Dreamfleet Cardinal - 20FSD Commander - 18FSD Commander gMax upgrade - 8FSD SuperCub - 18FSD Cheyenne - 18FSD Seneca V - 18RealAir SF.260 - 25Jeppesen SimCharts 2.0 (various regions) - 100FSFlightMax - 35 (@$!)RealityXP Flightline - 25Coyote Avionics Sandel 3308 - 15ActiveSky wxRE - 15I think that's about it. Comes to $630, give or take. Fortunately most if not all of it should work in ACOF. Whew!Hmm, that's only 7 hours of rental time in a late model 172. In that light it doesn't seem like I've spent too much. :)

Too many things to show you here.... around 2000$ maybe (hardware not included)I have to stop, but how......:-hmmm Jacek

Guest FPSFREAK

I Sim.....Therefore I spend LoLIncluding cost of FS2002 Specific machine...An arm a Leg and perhaps 2 or 3 ribs but honestly...Around 3 Grand. Bobby

Darrell,For your own health, do not, I repeat do not add all that up. ;-)However, I will take your marriage advice under guidance. :-)In about a month, I will have Monitor #2 set up for my cockpit. I saw a design with one monitor above the other. Who Knows, though. Might be side by side, we'll see.Good Thread folks, but I know there are more out there.Lots of page views. Come on in, and post your wares. Therapy is good. And you may get some ideas on what to buy next. :-lolRegards,JoePolitics - Give Me Liberty or Give Me Deathhttp://pub207.ezboard.com/bpoliticsgivemel...tyorgivemedeath

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Lol... I would like to see the figures of the real hardcore simmers, those with entire cockpits!Would make me jealous. And I am about to marry, so I can forget my allowance to spend on Flightsim!I believe I have spent over 2000 euro. Mainly due to hardware updates. I do not wish to do an inventory on it...

Howdy allUntil I read this thread I thought I was a Simaholic! I realise now that I`m quite restrained.All prices in pounds sterling, the key for the symbol doesn`t exist on my upside-down Kiwi keyboard...:FS2002: 60Sidewinder 2 J/stick: 40CH USB Pedals: 100Homebuilt throttle console about 25 if I don`t count the sacrified Logitech Force Feedback 3D that was the donor for it...DF Archer: 20 ishDF 737: 20 ishFSD Cheyenne: 25Iron Knuckles DC 9: 25C421 Golden Eagle: 25Real Air SF260: 25Uk2000 Scenery parts 2 & 3: about 30 FSLANDCLASS UK - 15 ishActivesky WXRE - 15 ishSo, not counting the relentless upgrades to my PC, thats about 400 quid. Thankfully my girlfriend doesn`t read this forum!!I have harboured thoughts of getting hold of a projector for the display - if I do, then that will add another 2000 quid to that list!!CheersRottenlungs

Guest jaapverduijn

Since january I think I spent about 1500 euro on flightsim related computer upgrades, add-ons, cockpit hardware and such. I must be totally, utterly and completely crazy. Jaap Verduijn.

Apart from the price of the actual sim, I've spent

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I did a basic addup of all I've purchased since the intro of FS2002 and it totals as follows:Hardware= $1,400Software= $935Total=$2,335Bear!

Guest Blueshockeynut

Great topic, whats funny is everyone is talking about what you have spent since FS2002 was released, hardware and software wise, try this on for size, go back to when FSFW95 first came out and try and figure out how much you have spent in software addons only, you know things like BAO Flightshop and so forth, just the software, I mean I still have everything I ever purchased for Flightsim since those days in a giant CD binder, and I would bet good money that everyone in here who has been playing with Flightsim since those days probably could have gotten their private pilots liscense by now and then some, go back and try and figure out how much you have spent since then, might make you sick to your stomach or it might not.

Reading a thread such as this gives me a comforting reassurance that "I am not the only one". I have spent so much money on software that I am actually afraid to add it all up. Every Simflyers scenery, PSS stuff, Lago, FS Genesis, GAP scenery, etc, etc, etc.... Nevermind the $700 PFC Jetliner yoke and actual aircraft rudder pedals sitting in front of my desk or the $300 PFC Jetliner Throttle quadrant sitting next to that. That is on top of a (at the time) Dell Dimension 8200 series computer for FS2002 which I am now thinking of upgrading the entire thing (thank God for Dell's finance plans)for FS2004. I think the next big ticket item is going to be Sony's 36" LCD widescreen computer/theater monitor that retails for "only" $2000.

Eric 

Guest Timbo

I have too much to add up for all time so I'll just take this year from January 1st, 2003 to May 8th, 2003. :)LAGO Ultralites - $15Carenado Piper Dakota - $17LAGO Twin Otter - $20LAGO Tornado! - $25LAGO Georender 3 - $20PSS Avro Vulcan - $30UK2000 RAF Airfields - $15Comes to $142 and the year isn't even half over yet. :-eek FS9 will be another $55 and I'm bound to get some add-ons in the mean time. I've even been thinking about the complete UK2000 (another $100!).This year isn't looking good in terms of my wallet. :)[table][tr][td rowspan=2]http://timbo87.home.attbi.com/sig/valiant.gif[/td][td]

Tim Pinkawa

[/td][tr][td]

Alpha Sims Texture Artist/Panel Designer

Tims FS Studio]

[/td][/tr][/table