Sign in to follow this  
Guest knarfage

System is lagging on MSFS 2004 I Need Some Advice

Guest knarfage

Hi everybody, I am new to the forums and I am going to try to explain this problem the best I can. Just 3 weeks ago the 2004 flight sim version was working perfect, no lags, nothing. A virus got into the pc and wiped out my hard drive. Took care of that problem. Then reformatted a Samsung 1TB HD and reinstalled Windows and put some programs back on including Flight Sim.Here are the specs for my PC. AMD Phenom 9850 Quad Core Processor, 2.51 GHZ, 3.25 GB of Ram on XP Service Pack 3Video Card is NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512. Used updated drives from NVIDIAI defragged the HD using perfectdisc 10. Then put the game on the hard drive, included the patch, and no cd add on.Now before the shutdown I could peg everything display slider to max, hardware etc. anything to do with the way the game and add ons looked, it was smooth.What is happening now is right off the bat even when just the Cessna is rolling down the runway it will roll smoothly for a second or two, then go slow, and do this over and over. And I did defrag the drive after install.The game was running so good for 2 years I forgot some of the tricks to get it to run smooth. But I should be able to run with everything at max like before. I play the game on a Samsung 226BW with the digital drivers for it. I am frustrated as can be because for a novice flyer like me, when I come home from work or whatever and want to relax, a trip from Tampa or Newark to St. Maarten is nice.Any ideas, tips, suggestions would be very helpful.ThanksFrank

Guest Ocala 1

When something like that happens to me I reboot my computer and go into the BIOS and set everything there to default. On mine it is just a matter of pressing the F10 key which saves everything to default . A virus can do more than just mess up your hard drive programs. Only takes a couple of minutes so you might wabt to give it a try.Harold

Guest knarfage
When something like that happens to me I reboot my computer and go into the BIOS and set everything there to default. On mine it is just a matter of pressing the F10 key which saves everything to default . A virus can do more than just mess up your hard drive programs. Only takes a couple of minutes so you might wabt to give it a try.Harold
Thanks. I'll take a look at it and see how it goes and report back.

Guest belga1

Hello,As you might now have a phobia of the viruses ... are you playing the sim with a antivirus realtime scanning running in the background ? or any other proggy who scan regulary the files for some reasons ?Often the cause of annoying stutters like yours.Regards.bye.gif

Guest knarfage
Hello,As you might now have a phobia of the viruses ... are you playing the sim with a antivirus realtime scanning running in the background ? or any other proggy who scan regulary the files for some reasons ?Often the cause of annoying stutters like yours.Regards.bye.gif
Thanks Belga, what I do is turn off my AVG A/V and make sure no other programs are running other than the ones I want to use with the game. What resolution you use on the game? I am also trying to use at least 20 fpsFrank

Guest belga1

Hello,

What resolution you use on the game?
1280 x 1024 32 bits But I assume .. this has nothing to do with your problem .. aswell the FPS limitation setting...You can have a very good stable FPS .. and have stutters.Regards.bye.gif