Sign in to follow this  
747400ER

Winglets?

Okay. I did not flip out. I was making a joke about how much time it would take you to click on a link and go to another forum.End of my participation in what has become rather... ummm... overemoticonable.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Hi,Well, every kid I know that rolls their eyes at someone does "NOT" do it with a "SMILE" on their face as the :( clearly shows. So, I think the response by DShutt was just a little over the top. I think its because the Level-D team wants "EVERY" question that pertains to the Level-D 767 to be on their forum and not here at AVSIM.You need to keep one thing in mind as long as this forum exists.This is an "Unofficial Forum", as stated in its title (The Level D 767 and PIC 767 Unofficial Forum). I can see wanting to keep pirates from getting support for issues they may be having with the Level-D aircraft that they obtained illegally, and I think its a good idea to have a forum where purchasers of said aircraft only have access to it. But when someone asks about a future feature and is not requesting product support for a technical issue, I see no reason why it can't be asked/answered here at AVSIM.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I see no reason for this forum at allEvery post is replied to with the following***** Support for Level-D Simulations products is offered ... The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums*****I support the idea of the registered users forum, just don't get the point of this one.

Hi,The original reason for keeping this forum open was to continue support for PIC 767 which Level-D does not support, its an old version of the aircraft, this goes back to the days of Eric Ernest. If you remove this forum, the PIC 767 pilots will have no forum to request help and/or share there PIC-767 experiences.How many people post PIC questions or need help here on the forum? well not many at all, but at least they have a forum. Take it away, and they have nothing.

I see no reason for this forum at allEvery post is replied to with the following***** Support for Level-D Simulations products is offered ... The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums*****I support the idea of the registered users forum, just don't get the point of this one.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Having enjoyed 767 PIC with FS 2000/2002, I had, originally, fully intended to buy it for FS2004.I have a policy of never purchasing software in its first year- until I've read the reviews and in particular, followed the forums to see what problems have been discovered. (Would YOU buy a car in its first year of manufacture??)When I found that the Level D forum was not open to non owners, I made the decision to bypass it and instead, go with PMDG 747.After reading this current AVSIM "unofficial" thread, it's clear I made the right decision.Alex ReidKSFO- Dusk. PMDG 747 Holding R28R

Okay, pile on, boys. Love these AVSIM forums! What started as a simple request to come to the official support forum for news about the 757 has descended into shots from several users who don't own the product... if you are interested in the product, come to the official forum. To set the record straight: the Level-D Support Forums were created to provide support to registered users of the software. We are not hiding anything. If you have questions about the product, post in the General Forum. But, support questions are for the registered forum only.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Hi,I own the product, I purchased the day it was released, as a matter of fact you will find a question from me on your support forum about 3D panning with the mouse.quote name='DShutt' date='Apr 16 2009, 09:14 PM' post='1570807']Okay, pile on, boys. Love these AVSIM forums! What started as a simple request to come to the official support forum for news about the 757 has descended into shots from several users who don't own the product... if you are interested in the product, come to the official forum. To set the record straight: the Level-D Support Forums were created to provide support to registered users of the software. We are not hiding anything. If you have questions about the product, post in the General Forum. But, support questions are for the registered forum only.

Hi,Nope not paranoid, I feel pretty good actually. Would be feeling better if I was able to use my mouse to pan in the 3D panel though. But who knows maybe I'll be able to find a solution.

Not referring to you, Michael... feeling paranoid? :(

Guest skyking23
Hi,Nope not paranoid, I feel pretty good actually. Would be feeling better if I was able to use my mouse to pan in the 3D panel though. But who knows maybe I'll be able to find a solution.
Mike, I am not sure if this addresses your issue, but can't you pan in 3D with the mouse if the spacebar is held down?

Hi,It does not work in FS9/FS2004. I found a module that works, its called F1View by Flight 1.Thanks

Mike, I am not sure if this addresses your issue, but can't you pan in 3D with the mouse if the spacebar is held down?

Guest skyking23

OK. I am running FSX and I was not aware that the mouse panning mode (with the use of the spacebar) is unavailable in FS9. I am glad you found something that works. Happy flying!

Having enjoyed 767 PIC with FS 2000/2002, I had, originally, fully intended to buy it for FS2004.I have a policy of never purchasing software in its first year- until I've read the reviews and in particular, followed the forums to see what problems have been discovered. (Would YOU buy a car in its first year of manufacture??)When I found that the Level D forum was not open to non owners, I made the decision to bypass it and instead, go with PMDG 747.After reading this current AVSIM "unofficial" thread, it's clear I made the right decision.Alex ReidKSFO- Dusk. PMDG 747 Holding R28R
Certainly, if this is what the support people are like, arrogant and rude, then I'll jog past the Level D stuff.

Guest polarair

I love it when the airline pilots of great planes start discussing the world of nonsense about Smilies. The biggest problem with smilies is internationalization. There is one internet but there are many cultures. One of them is not being open to a genuine question. Will the 767 have winglets, the answer from DShutt was not very nice in the first shot but he corrected it and commented on it.I really feel sad that we start bouncing replies about Smilies instead of giving each other som support. Im a legal user of both fs9 and fsx but i still read the forum here. There is no monopoly of information is there? Remember the FS2002 version was Wilcos project. So be friendly and help each other that's why there are forums.Just my 1 cents worth Mike(PS NO Smiles as I dont know what one to use)

Guest skyking23
Certainly, if this is what the support people are like, arrogant and rude, then I'll jog past the Level D stuff.
I am a relatively new user of the Level-D, but I have been involved with their forums long enough to know that their support people are not arogant and rude, but in fact very helpful and supportive. The General Discussion forum at Level-D is open to the public and will give any prospective buyer a good feel for the product. Additionally the complete operations Manual for the 767 is available as a free download for anyone. The product support forums and the excellent "Pilots helping Pilots - Flying the 767" forum are only open to registered buyers. I think this is quite fair. People using pirated copies of the product should not receive support.